It doesn't matter if it is historical correct as long as we are not offending anyone

In Denmark we are in the middle of the second wave. Not only of Corona but also of #MeToo. It is even more crazy than the first wave. One of the Danish ministers was forced to resign yesterday because 10 years ago he put his hand on on the thigh of a female party member. And now you are no longer allowed to compliment a female colleague saying she has a beautiful hair or something like that. I cannot recognize my country anymore

Poul and it seems are all here on the same page here. White is as good as black and red and yellow with blue being a little strange but acceptable. And history and monuments can never be erased even if the morally dejected idiots cry and gnash their pointed little teeth as they try destroying everything not to their liking.
As to Slavery it was a common custom to take and hold people against their will since the most early time of human evolution. The Mesopotamian and Egyptians and then the Greeks and Romans took and used slaves, as did the African people who took and used slaves for their own work until the white guys bought them and shipped them to the Americas. The Chinese and Indians and Japanese as well took slaves. The Norse took slaves as did the native Americans in the new world. White colonizers in the America brought White as well as Black slaves the only difference was that the White ones usually were freed after the worked out their expense.
Today we call our selves free! Free to work for $7.50 a hour 40 hours a week every week of the day so we can freely give our money to bankers in-order to buy motor cars and hovels to live in and obey the rules someone we think represents us makes in order to live. We are free to walk when the walk sign is lit and free to go when the light is green and free to dance if we are 6 ft from our partner and we are free to speak as long as everyone within hearing agrees with us, and we are free to love someone as long as it is socially sanctioned. At least we are still able to divorce if you have the money from your 24/7 work or have Good Credit to rent it at 25% per month. Yes we are free as a turtle in a glass terrarium or a bird in a cage.
Did you know that before the Spaniards brought their Pox to the Americas the natives worked whenever they felt like doing something or needed to find something to eat and they had free love with anyone willing at anytime and walked everywhere they needed to be, made homes out of bark and reeds and their currency was found laying on the beaches or on animals they ate and made clothes out of their skins. When they captured members of another tribe they made them one of their own in ceremonies. The only thing the vikings brought to the Americas is their women, butternuts and friendship. Gods bless the vikings!

Last edited:
Good morning all. I am new here and will soon begin on the ship I just purchased, HMY royal caroline by zhl (my wife picked it, she likes it) I hope to learn a lot here and enjoy reading about everyone's awesome builds. I just happened on this post and I remember learning things in history that I found out later was so far from the truth that the book should have been listed as fiction. Now I fear what my great granddaughter will learn and believe to really be history, people have so distorted the reality that we live in now that no one will know the actual truth....... when just one or two whine about their sensitive feelings being hurt someone somewhere will bow to their stupidity and stop, change or even worse eliminate it. I just want to build my ship to the best of my lacking ability before I run out of time. I am glad that I am old now (76) because I know that the good old days were so much better the the crap that exists now..........thanx for allowing me to ramble and I look forward to learning as much as I can to finish my ship.......

Good morning all. I am new here and will soon begin on the ship I just purchased, HMY royal caroline by zhl (my wife picked it, she likes it) I hope to learn a lot here and enjoy reading about everyone's awesome builds. I just happened on this post and I remember learning things in history that I found out later was so far from the truth that the book should have been listed as fiction. Now I fear what my great granddaughter will learn and believe to really be history, people have so distorted the reality that we live in now that no one will know the actual truth....... when just one or two whine about their sensitive feelings being hurt someone somewhere will bow to their stupidity and stop, change or even worse eliminate it. I just want to build my ship to the best of my lacking ability before I run out of time. I am glad that I am old now (76) because I know that the good old days were so much better the the crap that exists now..........thanx for allowing me to ramble and I look forward to learning as much as I can to finish my ship.......
Fortunately, there are lots of books on the use and building of wooden ships. I think there is a listing of some of them on this SoS site. Welcome aboard!

Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum
related history we have a daily post in "Today in History", which could be interesting for you:

Phil mentioned this area where you can find a lot of publications

Here in Holland it is even worse.
The city of Amsterdam apologizes to our colored inhabitants for our history of slavery.
In my opinion it is ridiculous if innocent people apologize for things they did not do to people who did not suffer from it.
We have a history. Both good and bad things happened, but there is no way to change anything. Let's learn from it.
Totally agree.

This recent world wide movement has been an attack on truth. Revisionist history, identity politics, multiple genders, #MeToo movement destroying male to female relationships, indoctrination of children in schools in lieu of education, redefinition of terms in language and who can use these terms, corporate censorship on the internet, and use of the Covid virus pandemic as an excuse to bully and intimidate people to conform to whatever rules politicians dream up, regardless of what science says or what science does not yet understand. All of these changes challenge what we once thought was common sense. Those engaging in this assault are a new form of tyrant, one that wants to control your speech, so that slowly, the uninformed, ignorant, and weak willed will conform to their demands, and willingly give up their freedom to think critically. What can we do? Do not remain silent when others attempt to quiet you. Calmly tell them, "No. I do not agree, and will not be silent". Talk to your friends and relatives about current issues, and not only express your ideas, explain the reasons for them, but always be ready to listen to their ideas and consider them. Power is not taken. It is given. In the USA, we are already seeing the effects of public rejection of the assault on truth. Our failing economy has been the strongest evidence that we are not being told the truth by out leaders regarding the state of the country. Realization of the truth is gaining ground, and it reveals how few the new behavior tyrants are among us. People are becoming tired of being told that 2+2=5. The future looks brighter. Have discussions with your friends and neighbors and let areas of common belief form strong bonds, and be respectful of the differences.

I realize that this thread departs from the topic of model ships, and many are sick of the constant bombardment of politics in our lives. I sympathize, but I also feel that this message needed to be said. Things will get better, with our help. Be excellent to each other. And let's build some ships!

Last edited:
I’m sorry folks while I may or may not agree with what has been posted within this thread this site is Ships of Scale.
I think we should get back to that meaning and leave the politics to other venues.

I’m sorry folks while I may or may not agree with what has been posted within this thread this site is Ships of Scale.
I think we should get back to that meaning and leave the politics to other venues.
Kurt Suleski is right
i see nothing wrong with this topic it units and divides us but we remain as one community. Diversity creates change and change created refinement

there are so many topics and discussions on ship modeling here to explore, topics like this one "off topic" does not dilute our objective of supporting and advancing the hobby.

for me i will work on 3 maybe 4 or so projects at a time, when i get stuck on something i give it a rest and move on to something else then circle around back to the first. Kind of like here sometimes it does get a bit mind numbing to read for the 10th time what glue is best, how to do this or that. Then an off beat topic shows up and gets you mind in gear and thinking.

i find if i got stuck and spend hours and hours and get no where, stop, set it down do something else and in a day or two come back and BAM! i got it figured out.

...just as long as this topic is not a frequent thread in our shipbuilding forum. I agree that we should try to keep this topic to a minimum, but not ban talking about current events altogether.

true

but then again if you are here for information on ship modeling it is here on the forum and i would say 95% + are about ship modeling. If you run across an off beat topic and it is of no interest then move on.

Right! good discussion that changes little but supports, 'What has been, has been. Move on. Get on with life and learn from history as it happened, don't repeat it (yeah right).' Now back to the worlds greatest religious festival FIFA WC.

Back