IVAN TRTANJ - Schiffsmuseum Kressbronn - report of my visit in his museum and his workshop

I fell off from a chair, I am speechless...and...speechless, it just WOW!!! Absolutely breathtaking craftsmanship par excel-lance!!!
Definitely.....and I have to say, that you should really see these models with the amazing carvings in real. Photos can give only some impression, but it is really like this, that you can sit (there are some chairs available) easily one hour at only one model to see all the details.

Oh...there no questions asked I would love to see all the models in real, I even would love to meet Ivan in-person and express all of my fillings about his unique craftsmanship. However, realistically, I don't think this will happened, in the current life, perhaps. ;)

I was lucky enough to be able to see his works in Kressbronn a few years ago. They are really breathtaking. With all our efforts we can only approach his quality of work, but we never will be able to catch up with it!
János

OMG, simply awe-inspiring! Would love to see them in person...until then, thank you for sharing and inspiring us all!!!

On our way to Italy I have visited @Ivan Trtanj museum and I really recommend to stop there when you are in the Bodensee area.
20210806_144041.jpg

Fantastic work on his models and if you are into carving you can spend some hours there to look at all the details and learn from his carving techniques.
20210806_150026.jpg

He also published a book with all his models till now. Only Harlingen yacht is missing as it is his current model in progress.
In the book you have detailed pictures of the carvings just to admire or use as reference to improve your own work.

I fell off from a chair, I am speechless...and...speechless, it just WOW!!! Absolutely breathtaking craftsmanship par excel-lance!!!
I just saw this thread after a recent refernce to it by Uwek.

OMG this is so Exceptional it is beyond description.

I wanted to reply directly to bring this thread to the top of What's new posts, in the hope that more of our forum members will look and imagine what is possible.

Can Ivan or anyone answer are all the carvings in wood, or are other materials used too?

What is the rotary tool that Ivan uses to do the carving?

How does a novice learn or start to learn carving?

My final comment is that what makes these models so especially beautiful to my eye is the reliance on the natural wood colours only to deliver the artistic mastery, and the details are exponentially gorgeous. No paint!

My deepest respect to Ivan.

michael

Back