JIM BYRNES : Byrnes Model Machines "open again"

Dear all

After the sad news concerning Jim Byrnes passing away, the site was reopen.

For those waiting to place an order, you can do it now.

I am not related at all with the Business. I am just posting this news, because this weekend, the business was still closed. Today I checked and is open again.

Daniel

Sad news of Jim Byrnes passing away. :(
Also unfortunately this might be the end of their products. I was not able to find an option to order new table saw. They list only some accessories. See the link.

I think it will take some time for the family to determine the future of the business, not to mention - make any public announcement. Obviously, we all support whatever decision they make.

Dear all

After the sad news concerning Jim Byrnes passing away, the site was reopen.

For those waiting to place an order, you can do it now.
BEST hobby saw ever made!
I am not related at all with the Business. I am just posting this news, because this weekend, the business was still closed. Today I checked and is open again.

Daniel
1. BEST model saw ever made.
2. Even if you do not currently need one, buy one anyway and just put it on the shelf.
3. I have had mine for 12 years and use it virtually every day. INVALUABLE. It will probably last another hundred years. Byrnes really built the "Abram's" tank of model saws.
4. I may buy a second saw just for the "helluvit".
5. Great legacy. R.I.P.

Я, думаю, семье потребуется некоторое время, чтобы определиться с будущим бизнесом, не говоря уже о том, чтобы сделать какое-либо публичное заявление. Очевидно, что мы все применяем любое их решение.
Это так. Без всяких сомнений!

This is true. Without any doubt!

Last edited by a moderator:
My success with contacting anyone at "Model Machines" has not been fruitful. The site itself looks and functions as in the past aside from the Jim Byrnes memorial.
I Thought I would upgrade my saw to the 18" version while it may still be available. I have used the site e-mail feature twice and called once in the past 10 days or so to see if that process was still available. No response. I have to assume no one is manning the store at this point. Does anyone have any insight as to their plans going forward? :(

My success with contacting anyone at "Model Machines" has not been fruitful. The site itself looks and functions as in the past aside from the Jim Byrnes memorial.
I Thought I would upgrade my saw to the 18" version while it may still be available. I have used the site e-mail feature twice and called once in the past 10 days or so to see if that process was still available. No response. I have to assume no one is manning the store at this point. Does anyone have any insight as to their plans going forward? :(

No idea of what could be their plans, but i placed 3 orders of parts listed on the web site and I got them without absolutely any issue.

I looked over the web site in detail after your post. I find that all of the machine assemblies have been pulled off. All that exists are parts and "some" accessories. The 18" table retrofit is still there with instructions. I am going to classify that as an oversight. It appears to me that for now the site remains to burn off excess inventories. Bummer!!

Back