Join mast sections

HI
I bought a cheap Chinese model schooner for my first attempt but it has no instructions/ info on building the masts and rigging. Many searches later I have found lengths for the mast sections but can't find how much overlap should be at the joint of the 2 sections. Section lengths for 1 mast are 138mm and 137mm. Second mast is 145 and 130. By measuring the image the overlap seems to be about 20mm. Does this sound right.

Thank you for your help

Pete

HI
I bought a cheap Chinese model schooner for my first attempt but it has no instructions/ info on building the masts and rigging. Many searches later I have found lengths for the mast sections but can't find how much overlap should be at the joint of the 2 sections. Section lengths for 1 mast are 138mm and 137mm. Second mast is 145 and 130. By measuring the image the overlap seems to be about 20mm. Does this sound right.

Thank you for your help

Pete
Mastiff57, you don't have a large sheet with a ship in your kit? This is usually A1 format.

Hi Alexander
No. Pictures below are all of the information that I got

Attachments

• Page B.jpg
    Page B.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Page A.jpeg
    Page A.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 42
Interesting. It could be that detail and accuracy might not be in the kit designers mindset when they made this kit. Since you have sort of an idea of what the spacing should be, I would just go with what you have. I agree that it is unfortunate that the two sheets of instructions are the only thing you have.
My apologies for not being any more help.

This youtuber is making a similar model and about to start the masts in a new episode, hope it may help you.

Back