Judea de Bitumen - Is anyone familiar with this wash?

I use Rembrandt asphaltum 414 all the time. Take some matt painting varnish and mix it with a tip of asphaltum and see what it does with well dried paint.
Ab

I'm only seeing Rembrandt 404. Do you have a link to the 414?

Does it work on plain wood, too?

Thanks for the info.

I can only show you the European version of Amazon:
Schermafbeelding 2024-02-14 om 16.05.15.png

I use it to cover all the colors I have applied at once, a few days after I finished painting. The result is that the colors match together in a much better way. Don't forget to add some siccative to the matt varnish to make the paint dry.
The result on wood is a warm glowing matt shine on your model.

I use Rembrandt asphaltum 414 all the time. Take some matt painting varnish and mix it with a tip of asphaltum and see what it does with well dried paint.
Ab

Thank you. Do you happen to know if this product is the same as Rembrandt but under a different brand name?

I'm having a hard time finding Rembrandt that can be delivered in a reasonable amount of time.

Thank you. Do you happen to know if this product is the same as Rembrandt but under a different brand name?

I'm having a hard time finding Rembrandt that can be delivered in a reasonable amount of time.
Hi, Toni.

Here is the same product as the Ab mentioned in earlier posts.

1708008397013.png

Hi,

two different acryl based washes. The the test is without varnish the wood first.

left one from an art store (1+2). 1 added and allowed to try, 2 added and removed the access after around 20 seconds with a kitchen roll.
right (3) from Occre, added and allowed to try
1709995582085.png

quite different colour for a products with the same name :eek:

Back