Keel assembly

Pwh

I have noticed some of the build logs and kits differ as to when to assemble the keel. That is assemble the keel after 1st planking or assemble after 2nd planking

Does it depend on the type of hull? Is one better than the other?

I have noticed some of the build logs and kits differ as to when to assemble the keel. That is assemble the keel after 1st planking or assemble after 2nd planking

Does it depend on the type of hull? Is one better than the other?
Hello Patrick.
It is hard to say at what time it would be best to assemble the keel. Depending on the kind of building method I guess.

Building a POF model, the keel would be one of the first parts to be assembled.

Building POB, as you are probably doing at the moment (first and second planking) you have different approaches.
In my build I first complete the planking of the hull and only then assemble the keel. As the 2 lower rows of planking are integrated into the sternpost in my model I first had to make the sternpost. Therefore it is hard to say what would be the best sequence, all depending on how/what you are building.
I wish you succes.

like the others mentioned already..... It depends ......

maybe you can give us some more information about the kit (maybe with photos of the situation) -> with this it is maybe easier to give a good recommendation

Back