Kingfisher 1770 1:48 POF

Careful what you wish for. :) We had record high temps here yesterday (97 Deg F or 36 C if you prefer) and expect the same today !
The air conditioner in my house couldn't keep up.
come to New York, Jeff. The temperature dropped to 60 this morning (yesterday it was 80). This is crazy...but...

I do have an allowance for decking...but I'm conflicted. I rather like being able to see down into the lower part of the ship. Would it be strange to leave off decking?
I have the decking (and planking) of my POF Bluenose partially open. Still not much to see, unless you're really close.
The best option would be the Maarten-Peter-Uwe treatment... ;) That would give you ample possibilities to display the interior.

I was in Lelystad a few years ago and it reminded me of being out in the middle of the ocean. To my surprise, I found out that this city is built on reclaimed land from the sea! How cool is that, I thought to myself.
Schiphol airport, about 4m below sea level... Also on reclaimed land.

Dear friends, what a joy it is to see your likes and read your encouraging posts. It is a real privilege to be a part of this forum.

And as your knowledge and experience allows I want you to know how welcome your suggestions for improving this model would be. While this build is in no way an attempt to preserve every historic detail - I’d like to avoid any gross errors or anachronisms.

I have the decking (and planking) of my POF Bluenose partially open. Still not much to see, unless you're really close.
The best option would be the Maarten-Peter-Uwe treatment... ;) That would give you ample possibilities to display the interior.
Yes I feel something like a Japanese saw event comming up. Allways in favor of that.

Back