Kudos to Evandesigns!

Admins, please move this if not in the appropriate area.

Please understand that I have no affiliation with the company mentioned below other than being a customer.

I just want to give a shout-out to Evandesigns company for some OUTSTANDING service they provided to me.
I recently placed an order for some LED lights I wanted for my latest project of the Soleil Royal ship.
I emailed and then called them for advice on which lights to purchase. They were extremely helpful with their recommendations and their web site is amazingly detailed for what ever you need.

I placed my order and paid for priority shipping. They shipped the next day and USPS in their moronic ways “lost” the package. Five days later and no package. USPS will not even refund the cost claiming “DELIVERY IS NOT GUARANTEED!” In other words you pay $$ for speedy shipping and if you get it you’re lucky. You may get it a month later and they keep your money.
How these people at USPS have a job is beyond me. And I’m sick of hearing it’s COVID related!

Anyway, I contacted Evandesigns as an FYI and to tell them that it is not THEIR fault. That was on Friday. They wrote back immediately about how sorry they were and realize that USPS has been a problem.
Early Saturday evening, they contacted me again, to try and rectify the problem. LATE SATURDAY EVENING! With many company’s you’re lucky you get a response and here is a company that emailed me late on a Saturday!
I did not solicit an answer from them or ask them to fix the problem but they took it upon themselves to help me...LATE ON A SATURDAY! Now THAT is service.

Last edited:
All of my 50+ years of working for a living, I did field service on Industrial & laboratory instrumentation. The companies I worked for were strongly set on providing good service and I was very happy to be a part of that. These days it is very difficult to find good customer care. Too often the company attitude is "who are you Mr. customer, just send money."
The kind service that you received is heart warming.
Thank you for sharing!
Steven
Happy Modelling

I agreed with you on this 100%.
“who are you Mr. customer, just send money."
It has happen to me many time over, they take your money but don’t you dear to ask them, where is your merchandise, because they just don’t respond.
You can leave many messages but they just don’t care.

Totally agree Bud. I wanted to put lights in my Soleil Royal and Evan Designs were a big help with advice both before and during the build. They even asked me to send them pictures of the finished product.

Back