La Curieuse [COMPLETED BUILD]

Son dos modelos de Curieuse en los que estoy trabajando.

Ahora mismo estoy colocando el velamen en una de ellas y al finalizar seguiré con la otra. También tengo que hacer las peanas, (soportes), y las urnas donde estarán colocadas.
Cuando termine la primera, coloque las fotografías y cuando acabe con la segunda, haré lo mismo ya que tienen algunas diferencias como el casco forrado en cobre y pintura.

Mi dedicación al modelismo naval es de dos o tres horas diarias ya que presto voluntariado en talleres ayudando a jóvenes que desean dejar las drogas, por ese motivo voy muy lento.

They are two Curieuse models I am working on.

Right now I am placing the canopy in one of them and when I finish I will continue with the other. I also have to make the bases, (supports), and the urns where they will be placed.
When I finish the first one, I will put the photographs and when I finish the second one, I will do the same since they have some differences like the hull lined in copper and paint.

My dedication to naval modeling is two or three hours a day since I volunteer in workshops helping young people who want to quit drugs, for that reason I go very slowly.

Hallo my friend,

photos showing us the status in between would be also very interesting - so do not hesitate to show us your work

Para terminar la segunda Curieuse, me faltan cuatro o cinco meses de trabajo.

Saludos cordiales

To finish the second Curieuse, I have four or five months of work left.

Best regards

Last edited by a moderator:
amazing quality - Congratulations for finishing your first model of the Curieuse.

All these high quality details - accurate execution and overall appearance
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

In you first post you mentioned another forum with your detailed log - but I have problems to find it there - maybe you can make here a direct link to your log

And off course I hope, that you show us also some working steps of your secon model here.
No text necessary - but some photos ?!?! Please - we lall love photos showing great models

I love these details - a wonderful model
20220922_154450.jpg 20220922_154612.jpg 20220922_154628.jpg

Me presento a todos ustedes con el apodo de maquinilla, mi nombre es Tomas.
Soy aficionado al modelismo naval desde hace cuarenta años.
No puedo expresarme en el idioma anglosajón, por desconocimiento del mismo, mejor dicho, por no haberlo estudiado.

Les muestro algunas de las fotos del trabajo que llevo a cabo a lo largo de 9 años de dos quech franceses. (La Curieuse).

Este es el formulario de un paso a Paso que se puede ver en el foro, modelismonaval.com
En
El hilo consta de 891 páginas y los últimos tres años han sido de inactividad prolongada.

En este foro iré mostrando el trabajo que haré a partir de ahora. Tengan ustedes en cuenta que las maquetas como los elementos que las componen están terminados en un 80%, solo queda instalar y terminar la realización de palos y velas.

Espero que estos trabajos sean del agrado de la mayoría y de la crítica de todos ustedes, respetando todas sus opiniones.

Saludos

I introduce myself to all of you with the nickname maquinilla, my name is Tomas.
I have been a fan of naval modeling for forty years.
I cannot express myself in the Anglo-Saxon language, due to lack of knowledge of it, or rather, because I have not studied it.

I show you some of the photos of the work that I carry out over 9 years of two French quech. (La Curieuse).

This is the form of a step by step that can be seen in the forum, modelismonaval.com
In
The thread consists of 891 pages and the last three years have been of prolonged inactivity.

In this forum I will show the work that I will do from now on. Keep in mind that the models and the elements that compose them are 80% finished, it only remains to install and finish the making of sticks and sails.

I hope that these works are to the liking of the majority and the criticism of all of you, respecting all your opinions.

Greetings

Hallo @maquinilla
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @maquinilla
te deseamos lo MEJOR y un FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS
Pastel de cumpleaños

Gracias.

Las fotografías mostradas son las de una Curieuse terminada y la que tiene la cubierta más clara estaba sin terminar.

Los estados actuales son las dos finalizadas a falta de algunos detalles. Estoy construyendo una página en internet para exponer gran parte de la obra paso a paso, una vez esté disponible os enviaré el enlace.

saludos

Saludos maquinilla... encantado de saludarte, no te había leído antes, y me ha dado mucha alegría... ver el nombre de maquinilla, sabes que representa mucho para el modelismo naval español, con el que tatos ratos buenos nos haces pasar viendo crecer tus extraordinarios e inigualables trabajos...
Amigo Tomas, estaré pendiente de este paso a paso que estas haciendo de tus Curieuse, que a buen seguro nos enseñaras y aprenderemos mucho... Gracias Maestro¡¡¡
Un abrazo liberto

A very nicely detailed model,
and congratulations on your birthday ... Birthday-Cake

Les pongo fotos de la otra Curieuse terminada.
La Página Web lleva varios meses abierta, pero su contenido es muy escaso. El programador que la realizó la dejó abandonada.
Saludos cordiales

I'll post photos of the other finished Curieuse.
The Website has been open for several months, but its content is very limited. The programmer who made it left it abandoned.
Kind regards

C 1.jpg

C 2.jpg

C 3.jpg

C 4.jpg

C 5.jpg

C 6.jpg

C 7.jpg

C 8.jpg

C 9.jpg

C 10.jpg

Espero que sea de vuestro agrado.
En un par de meses me embarco en un nuevo he ilusionante proyecto. Se trata del Yate a vapor Giralda del Rey Alfonso XIII.
Saludos Cordiales

I hope you enjoy it.
In a couple of months I will embark on a new and exciting project. This is the Giralda steam yacht of King Alfonso XIII.
Kind regards

C 24.jpg

C 25.jpg

C 26.jpg

C 27.jpg

C 28.jpg

C 29.jpg

C 30.jpg

C 31.jpg

C 32.jpg

C 33.jpg

Les pongo fotos de la otra Curieuse terminada.
La Página Web lleva varios meses abierta, pero su contenido es muy escaso. El programador que la realizó la dejó abandonada.
Saludos cordiales

I'll post photos of the other finished Curieuse.
The Website has been open for several months, but its content is very limited. The programmer who made it left it abandoned.
Kind regards

View attachment 398313

View attachment 398314

View attachment 398315

View attachment 398316

View attachment 398317

View attachment 398318

View attachment 398319

View attachment 398320

View attachment 398321

View attachment 398322
just beautiful result
Congratulations from my side for finishing this second model - I like it even more, than the first one - but this is only a question of personal taste and not the question about the model quality
Great result

Los planos del Giralda son del National Maritime Museum Greenwich. Un amigo modelista me los dejó para poder construir la maqueta, los reduje de escala ya que en los originales media 2,20 m, mi intención es que no pase de 1,95 m.

Una vez realizadas las copias necesarias para la construcción del modelo, devolví los originales a su propietario.

He tenido que buscar información alternativa sobre armamento, chalupas y otros elementos de cubierta acordes con la época del navio. Ahora toca ordenar toda la documentación y comenzar la grada de construcción.

Pondré fotos cuando lo tenga un poco avanzado.
Saludos cordiales

The plans for the Giralda are from the National Maritime Museum Greenwich. A modeler friend left them to me so I could build the model, I reduced them in scale since the originals measured 2.20 m, my intention is for it to not exceed 1.95 m.

Once the copies necessary for the construction of the model were made, I returned the originals to their owner.

I have had to look for alternative information on weapons, boats and other deck elements consistent with the age of the ship. Now it's time to organize all the documentation and begin the construction phase.

I'll post photos when I have it a little advanced.
Kind regards

Back