LA NEREIDE scala 1/48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Ciao a tutti, da poco ho iniziato un nuovo cantiere, un nuovo progetto Ancre che mi è stato proposto dal signor D. Berti e dal mio amico Franco Fissore loro progetti. Da parte mia non mancherà certo il mio impegno e la voglia di far bene. Per quanto riguarda la monografia si tratta di una fregata francese, la Nereide, su progetto e realizzazione di Olliver padre e figlio. Fregata di primo ordine del 1722, armata di 42 cannoni, 20 cannoni da 18 libbre nella prima batteria (differentemente da quelli da 12 libbre riportati negli scritti precedenti, dopo un'ulteriore studio e ricerca più approfonditi che hanno portato il signor Lemineur a fare delle correzioni), e 22 cannoni da 6 nella seconda batteria. La nave sarà realizzata, su disegni di Jean-Claude Lemineur, in scala 1/48 in legno di pero e ciliegio. Le bellissime e ricche sculture saranno eseguite in bosso e poi rifinite con patina dorata. Tutto il modello, infine, come è ormai mia consuetudine, sarà trattato col bitume di giudea per dare quell'aspetto che ormai è diventato il mio stile. Nel frattempo che sto aspettando i piani della Nereide ancora in elaborazione, mi son portato avanti con la carpenteria e l'artiglieria. La fregata sarà armata solo da un lato, mentre l'altro sarà lasciato a vista come sto facendo con le Commerce de Marseille. Ecco qui sotto alcune foto dello scafo in costruzione. sarà trattato col bitume di giudea per dare quell'aspetto vissuto che ormai è diventato il mio stile. Nel frattempo che sto aspettando i piani della Nereide ancora in elaborazione, mi son portato avanti con la carpenteria el' artiglieria. La fregata sarà armata solo da un lato, mentre l'altro sarà lasciato a vista come sto facendo con le Commerce de Marseille.
I quinti d'innalzamento sono stati lasciati interi, mentre le altre doppie coste sono state aperte all'altezza dei madieri e mezzi madieri e dei rispettivi scalmi. Non c'è un taglio netto delle doppie coste in quanto personalmente lo trovo antiestetico.
Le canne sono in ottone, tornite una ad una senza controllo numerico e poi brunite in quanto erano di ferro. Gli affusti, in legno di pero, sono stati trattati col bitume.
Ora sto attendendo che il signor Berti mi invii il resto dei piani della per poter proseguire col cantiere.
Ecco qui sotto alcune foto dello scafo in costruzione.

Hello everyone, I have recently started a new construction site, a new Ancre project that was proposed to me by Mr. D. Berti and my friend Franco Fissore their projects. For my part, my commitment and desire to do well will certainly not be lacking. As for the monograph, it is a French frigate, the Nereide, designed and built by Olliver father and son. First-order frigate of 1722, armed with 42 guns, 20 18-pounder guns in the first battery (unlike the 12-pounder ones reported in previous writings, after further more in-depth study and research that led Mr. Lemineur to make some corrections), and 22 6-guns in the second battery. The ship will be built, based on designs by Jean-Claude Lemineur, in 1/48 scale in pear and cherry wood. The beautiful and rich sculptures will be made in boxwood and then finished with a golden patina. Finally, the whole model, as is now my custom, will be treated with Judean bitumen to give that aspect that has now become my style. In the meantime, while I am waiting for the plans of the Nereid still in progress, I have moved on with the carpentry and the artillery. The frigate will be armed on one side only, while the other will be left exposed as I am doing with the Commerce de Marseille. Here are some photos of the hull under construction. it will be treated with Judean bitumen to give that worn look that has now become my style. In the meantime, while I am waiting for the plans of the Nereid still being elaborated, I have carried on with the carpentry and the artillery. The frigate will be armed on one side only, while the other will be left exposed as I am doing with the Commerce de Marseille.
The fifths of elevation have been left whole, while the other double ribs have been opened at the height of the floors and half floors and the respective rowlocks. There is no clean cut of the double ribs as I personally find it unsightly.
The barrels are made of brass, turned one by one without numerical control and then burnished as they were made of iron. The trolleys, in pear wood, have been treated with bitumen.
Now I am waiting for Mr. Berti to send me the rest of the plans in order to continue with the construction site.
Here are some photos of the hull under construction.

IMG_5119.JPGIMG_5103.JPGIMG_5136.JPGIMG_5105.JPGIMG_5110.JPGIMG_5124.JPGIMG_5111.JPGIMG_5127.JPGIMG_5126.JPGIMG_5129.JPGIMG_4376.JPGIMG_4391.JPGIMG_4433.JPGIMG_4457.JPGIMG_4472.JPG
IMG_4483.JPGIMG_4634.JPGIMG_4647.JPGIMG_4782.JPGIMG_5071.JPGIMG_5086.JPGIMG_5087.JPGIMG_5391.JPGIMG_5407.JPGIMG_5393.JPG

Ciao a tutti, da poco ho iniziato un nuovo cantiere, un nuovo progetto Ancre che mi è stato proposto dal signor D. Berti e dal mio amico Franco Fissore loro progetti. Da parte mia non mancherà certo il mio impegno e la voglia di far bene. Per quanto riguarda la monografia si tratta di una fregata francese, la Nereide, su progetto e realizzazione di Olliver padre e figlio. Fregata di primo ordine del 1722, armata di 42 cannoni, 20 cannoni da 18 libbre nella prima batteria (differentemente da quelli da 12 libbre riportati negli scritti precedenti, dopo un'ulteriore studio e ricerca più approfonditi che hanno portato il signor Lemineur a fare delle correzioni), e 22 cannoni da 6 nella seconda batteria. La nave sarà realizzata, su disegni di Jean-Claude Lemineur, in scala 1/48 in legno di pero e ciliegio. Le bellissime e ricche sculture saranno eseguite in bosso e poi rifinite con patina dorata. Tutto il modello, infine, come è ormai mia consuetudine, sarà trattato col bitume di giudea per dare quell'aspetto che ormai è diventato il mio stile. Nel frattempo che sto aspettando i piani della Nereide ancora in elaborazione, mi son portato avanti con la carpenteria e l'artiglieria. La fregata sarà armata solo da un lato, mentre l'altro sarà lasciato a vista come sto facendo con le Commerce de Marseille. Ecco qui sotto alcune foto dello scafo in costruzione. sarà trattato col bitume di giudea per dare quell'aspetto vissuto che ormai è diventato il mio stile. Nel frattempo che sto aspettando i piani della Nereide ancora in elaborazione, mi son portato avanti con la carpenteria el' artiglieria. La fregata sarà armata solo da un lato, mentre l'altro sarà lasciato a vista come sto facendo con le Commerce de Marseille.
I quinti d'innalzamento sono stati lasciati interi, mentre le altre doppie coste sono state aperte all'altezza dei madieri e mezzi madieri e dei rispettivi scalmi. Non c'è un taglio netto delle doppie coste in quanto personalmente lo trovo antiestetico.
Le canne sono in ottone, tornite una ad una senza controllo numerico e poi brunite in quanto erano di ferro. Gli affusti, in legno di pero, sono stati trattati col bitume.
Ora sto attendendo che il signor Berti mi invii il resto dei piani della per poter proseguire col cantiere.

Hello everyone, I have recently started a new construction site, a new Ancre project that was proposed to me by Mr. D. Berti and my friend Franco Fissore their projects. For my part, my commitment and desire to do well will certainly not be lacking. As for the monograph, it is a French frigate, the Nereide, designed and built by Olliver father and son. First-order frigate of 1722, armed with 42 guns, 20 18-pounder guns in the first battery (unlike the 12-pounder ones reported in previous writings, after further more in-depth study and research that led Mr. Lemineur to make some corrections), and 22 6-guns in the second battery. The ship will be built, based on designs by Jean-Claude Lemineur, in 1/48 scale in pear and cherry wood. The beautiful and rich sculptures will be made in boxwood and then finished with a golden patina. Finally, the whole model, as is now my custom, will be treated with Judean bitumen to give that aspect that has now become my style. In the meantime, while I am waiting for the plans of the Nereid still in progress, I have moved on with the carpentry and the artillery. The frigate will be armed on one side only, while the other will be left exposed as I am doing with the Commerce de Marseille. Here are some photos of the hull under construction. it will be treated with Judean bitumen to give that worn look that has now become my style. In the meantime, while I am waiting for the plans of the Nereid still being elaborated, I have carried on with the carpentry and the artillery. The frigate will be armed on one side only, while the other will be left exposed as I am doing with the Commerce de Marseille.
The fifths of elevation have been left whole, while the other double ribs have been opened at the height of the floors and half floors and the respective rowlocks. There is no clean cut of the double ribs as I personally find it unsightly.
The barrels are made of brass, turned one by one without numerical control and then burnished as they were made of iron. The trolleys, in pear wood, have been treated with bitumen.
Now I am waiting for Mr. Berti to send me the rest of the plans in order to continue with the construction site.

View attachment 266859View attachment 266860View attachment 266862View attachment 266863View attachment 266864View attachment 266865View attachment 266866View attachment 266875View attachment 266876View attachment 266877View attachment 266880View attachment 266881View attachment 266882View attachment 266883View attachment 266884
View attachment 266885View attachment 266886View attachment 266887View attachment 266888View attachment 266889View attachment 266890View attachment 266891View attachment 266892View attachment 266893View attachment 266894
Dear Michele Padoan
Non c'è dubbio che il tuo lavoro professionale è semplicemente stimolante e ho imparato molto da esso. Ti chiederò di dettagliare in spiegazioni e immagini sui processi di lavoro che ti portano a risultati impressionanti, in modo che possiamo implementarli.

There is no doubt that your professional work is simply inspiring and I have learned a lot from it. I will ask you to detail in explanations and pictures about the work processes that lead you to impressive results, so that we can implement them

Ciao a tutti, procedo con l'elaborazione ed il collaudo dei disegni della Nereide, nuova prossima monografia Ancre. Ho fissato i corsi delle cinta (incollati ma non ancora inchiodati). I corsi inferiori sono formati da 5/6 tavole a sezione trapezoidale collegati con incastro a palella. Le cinta superiori da 3/4 pezzi. Sono state aperte le cannoniere, messe tutte le soprasoglie e le soglie basse delle cannoniere. Quest'ultime nei suoi disegni, il signor Lemineur le rappresenta larghe tali da coprire la larghezza del fasciame, quella delle coste tagliate dalla cannoniera ed del serrettame interno. Ho incollato anche i listoni modanati ed ho pareggiato gli scalmi. Internamente e solo sul lato di dritta, ho inchiodato il serrettame della stiva. In quel periodo si usava il sistema obliquo. Dal pagliolato fino alla testa dei madieri, il fondo era rivestito in maniera tradizionale con serrette lineari, lo stesso con serrettoni sotto il dormiente del primo ponte. Tra queste fila di serrette venivano poi inseriti, mediante appositi incastri, i corsi obliqui.
Ho fissato tutte le porche, manca solo il secondo scalmo che per ora mi è impossibile montare. Ora lo scafo è bello solido e pronto per gli allestimenti interni, quidi ho terminato la compartimentazione. Ho fatto in modo che tutti i depositi rimangano in vista in modo da vedere ogni minimo dettaglio. Tutti i particolari sono eseguiti secondo il mio stile, tutto è pensato secondo una logica in modo da dare un impatto visivo piacevole. Ho trattato tutta la stiva e lo scafo esternamente con gommalacca, bitume di giudea e cera, poi ho dato una finitura opacizzante. E' stato un lavoraccio arrivare fino ai dettagli più interni e nascosti, ma credo che ne sia valsa la pena. Ormai è in mio terzo modello che creo con questo aspetto vissuto. Procederò in questo modo anche con tutto il resto, con la sola eccezione che le sculture le tratterò, come avevo detto all'inizio, con una patina dorata per poi antichizzarla in stile con lo scafo.

Hi everyone, I am proceeding with the elaboration and testing of the drawings of the Nereid, new upcoming Ancre monograph. I fixed the courses of the belt (glued but not yet nailed). The lower courses are formed by 5/6 boards with trapezoidal section connected with interlocking paddle. The upper courses are made of 3/4 pieces. The gunports have been opened, put all the supersills and the low thresholds of the gunports. In his drawings, M. Lemineur represents the latter as being wide enough to cover the width of the planking, the width of the ribs cut from the gunwales and the width of the inner lock. I have also glued the molded planks and I have evened out the scales. Internally, and only on the starboard side, I nailed the serrettame of the hold. At that time the oblique system was used. From the dunnage to the head of the sidemasters, the bottom was lined in the traditional way with linear serrets, the same with serrets under the sleeper of the first deck. Between these rows of serrets the oblique courses were then inserted by means of special joints.
I've fixed all the hinges, the only thing missing is the second rowlock, which for now is impossible for me to assemble. Now the hull is nice and solid and ready for interior fittings, so I finished the compartmentalization. I made sure that all deposits remain in view so you can see every detail. All the details are executed according to my style, everything is thought according to a logic in order to give a pleasant visual impact. I treated all the hold and the hull externally with shellac, bitumen of Judea and wax, then I gave a matte finish. It was a lot of work to get to the innermost details and hidden, but I think it was worth it. It is now my third model that I create with this lived-in look. I will proceed in this way with everything else, with the exception that the sculptures will be treated, as I said at the beginning, with a gold patina and then antiqued in style with the hull.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

IMG_6827.JPGIMG_6948.JPGIMG_6910.JPGIMG_6884.JPGIMG_6885.JPGIMG_6931.JPGIMG_7031.JPGIMG_7073.JPGIMG_7116.JPGIMG_7225.JPGIMG_7261.JPGIMG_7306.JPGIMG_7322.JPGIMG_7319.JPGIMG_7364.JPGIMG_7251.JPGIMG_7274.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone, I am proceeding with the elaboration and testing of the drawings of the Nereide, the new upcoming Ancre monograph. I fixed the courses of the belts (glued but not nailed yet). The lower courses are made up of 5/6 trapezoidal section boards connected with a scallop joint. The upper belts of 3/4 pieces. The gunboats have been opened, all the upper thresholds and the lower thresholds of the gunboats have been placed. The latter in his drawings, Monsieur Lemineur represents them large enough to cover the width of the planking, that of the ribs cut by the gunboat and of the internal shutter. I also glued the molded planks and leveled the oarlocks. Internally and only on the starboard side, I nailed the lock of the hold. At that time the oblique system was used. From the floor to the head of the floors, the bottom was traditionally lined with linear locks, the same with locks under the sleeper of the first deck. Between these rows of shutters the oblique courses were then inserted by means of special joints.
I have fixed all the sluts, only the second rowlock is missing which for now is impossible for me to assemble. Now the hull is solid and ready for the interior fittings, so I have finished the compartmentalization. I made sure that all the deposits remain in view so that you can see every little detail. All the details are made according to my style, everything is designed according to a logic in order to give a pleasant visual impact. I treated the entire hold and the hull externally with shellac, Judean bitumen and wax, then I gave it a matt finish. It was a lot of work to get to the innermost and hidden details, but I think it was worth it. It is now in my third model that I create with this worn look. I will proceed in this way also with everything else, with the only exception that I will treat the sculptures,

View attachment 304754View attachment 304756View attachment 304757View attachment 304758View attachment 304759View attachment 304760View attachment 304761View attachment 304763View attachment 304765View attachment 304766View attachment 304767View attachment 304768View attachment 304769View attachment 304770View attachment 304771View attachment 304772View attachment 304773
Wow, it's looks marvelous

This is all just completely fabulous! This vessel is such an interesting benchmark in the evolution of French naval architecture; she retains the lines and some of the sheer of the earlier 17th Century, while displaying the "live-works" improvements in hydro-dynamics, as well as the improved understanding of resisting the forces working against the ship's hull - with the hold ceiling planking, in particular.

I fully agree with the words by the other friends
It is an amazing work

Beautiful ship in prinziple, and a great presentation with one side of the model fully complete - while the other side is extremly stript like a ships wreck
and in addition the wood treated like a contemporary old model

I love it :cool:

View attachment 266859View attachment 266860View attachment 266862View attachment 266863View attachment 266864View attachment 266865View attachment 266866View attachment 266875View attachment 266876View attachment 266877View attachment 266880View attachment 266881View attachment 266882View attachment 266883View attachment 266884
View attachment 266885View attachment 266886View attachment 266887View attachment 266888View attachment 266889View attachment 266890View attachment 266891View attachment 266892View attachment 266893View attachment 266894
Hallo @Michele Padoan
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day
How is your work on the Nereide going?

Hallo @Michele Padoan
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day
How is your work on the Nereide going?

Grazie, mi è stato inviato qualche dettaglio sugli accessori, quindi proseguirò per ora al di fuori del cantiere. Per quanto riguarda l'artiglieria, c'è stata una rettifica da parte del signor Lemineur, la nave sarà armata da cannoni da 12 libbre sul primo ponte e da 6 sul secondo.

Thanks, some details about the accessories have been sent to me, so I will continue for now outside the construction site. As for the artillery, there has been a rectification by Mr. Lemineur, the ship will be armed with 12-pound guns on the first deck and 6 on the second.

IMG_8070.JPG

Dear Michaele
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, wishing you all the best and happiness Birthday-CakeBeerShip-1
the ship looks great :)

Last edited:
Back