Le Requin 1750 by Jean Bourdriot

In the book "Le Requin 1750" is a drawing error of the rearmost platform, which was adopted by all kit manufacturers. The platform must follow the lines of the hull and do not go apart again in the opposite direction. How is this supposed to be structurally sound? Mr. Bernard Frolich politely points this out in his book " L'ART DU MODELISME", page 280. Also our member Mr. Ivan Trtanj has shown the correct form on his model in the exhibition in Kressbronn at Lake Constance. The model in the naval Museum in Paris also has the right shape, of course.
The correct considerably increases the historical value for the model maker.

With best regards
Thomas

Boudriot drawings

IMG_36771.jpg

Model by Karl alias @Jeronimo

Frölichs book

IMG_51251.jpg

also recommended the book from Boudriot showing several photos of the contemporary model

IMG_38461.jpg

Dont suppose anybody has Le Requin by Bourdriot they willing to sell or rent to me for approx 3 to 4 years!!!!?
Have purchased the kit from Max at ZHL and would like the book for reference
Regards
Mark
Hi Mark, am thinking ordering Le Requin from ZHL, but I am a bit apprehensive about the additional costs such as VAT, import duties and shipping to the uk. Can you tell me what your experience was ?
Marcel

Hi Chello

I was the same unsure about extra costs etc so I emailed Max at ZHL he was qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Hi Chello

In short my experience was trouble free and kit was much better than i expected i would recommend it to anybody interested in it.

I was unsure as well at first but emailed Max at ZHL with all my questions, he answered all of them promptly and correctly. I went for the full rib lifeboat with boxwood and ebony carvings paid via paypal. The payment included shipping, all i had to pay on top of the original price was import duties to FedEx approx £35. The shipment took a little longer to arrive (due to Covid) but only a week or so and arrived in perfect condition well wrapped up and protected. Got to say once unpacked it is a fantastic kit, quality 2nd to none that i have brought and in my opinion very good value for money. The only slight down side is the instructions are all in Chinese but i downloaded Chinese Pro which translates via pictures (adds to the fun!). If i can be of any more help please just ask

Regards

I purchased this kit of Le Requin from Max at ZHL models about 3 years ago, and can assure you of prompt and reliable service.

I ordered the full plank on frame kit in cherry wood with boxwood carvings and was blown away with the quality of the timber and fittings. I would also like to offer a testament of ZHL after sales service, I broke a few deck gratings ( my mistake ) and Max sent me free replacement parts free of charge, even though it was my fault.

Hi Chello

I was the same unsure about extra costs etc so I emailed Max at ZHL he was qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Hi Chello

In short my experience was trouble free and kit was much better than i expected i would recommend it to anybody interested in it.

I was unsure as well at first but emailed Max at ZHL with all my questions, he answered all of them promptly and correctly. I went for the full rib lifeboat with boxwood and ebony carvings paid via paypal. The payment included shipping, all i had to pay on top of the original price was import duties to FedEx approx £35. The shipment took a little longer to arrive (due to Covid) but only a week or so and arrived in perfect condition well wrapped up and protected. Got to say once unpacked it is a fantastic kit, quality 2nd to none that i have brought and in my opinion very good value for money. The only slight down side is the instructions are all in Chinese but i downloaded Chinese Pro which translates via pictures (adds to the fun!). If i can be of any more help please just ask

Regards
Hi Mark
Thanks for your reply. That sounds really good and answered all
Hi Chello

Hi Chello

Regards
hi Mark,

thanks for your response and great to know there are no additional costs other than the handling fees. Seems like it’s all systems go and the only thing left to do is to make a final decision on which version to order and to find a cracking Chinese translation app. It’s a win win situation, building a stunning model and working on a BA Hons degree in Chinese language.:)

I purchased this kit of Le Requin from Max at ZHL models about 3 years ago, and can assure you of prompt and reliable service.

I ordered the full plank on frame kit in cherry wood with boxwood carvings and was blown away with the quality of the timber and fittings. I would also like to offer a testament of ZHL after sales service, I broke a few deck gratings ( my mistake ) and Max sent me free replacement parts free of charge, even though it was my fault.
Hi Brian,
Your build log of Le Requin was one of the inspirations for me to seriously consider the kit. The combination of the aesthetic beauty of the model and the research materials available (half the fun in building in my view) make it my next mission which will hopefully keep me off the streets for a few years.
Marcel

Back