Le Saint-Philippe figurehead

Very good work - and many thanks for sharing with us the work of your friend.
I hope to see more of the progress on this carving .....
What is the size, or the scale the figurehead is made? and will be there also a ship ?

For everybody interested, the figurehead belongs to this ship shown in this planset / monograph of the Saint Philippe by J.C. Lemineur published by ancre:

dear marsalv
First I would like to say that your sculpture / carving is amazing in its beauty and awe-inspiring.
I wish to ask a Explanations as detailed as possible on the tools and workflow .
I admit that I am looking for guidance in the field, I would be happy if you attach videos documenting the process.:)Okay
Thank you

Thank you guys.
To Uwek: The figurehead is made in 1:48 scale so the height will be about 12 cm. A complete model of the ship is planned, so far suitable material is waiting (pear).
To shota70: As I said, this is not my job, so I have little information. As far as I know, the figurehead is made only with miniature chisels and a knife.
The figure is mostly done, the wings remain to be completed, after completion I will send a few more photos.

I would like to publish here a few photos from the Le Saint-Philippe figurehead production. Figurehead is made by my friend by hand from boxwood.
Hallo @marsalv
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Hope to much more of this Saint Philippe project ..... :cool:

I would like to publish here a few photos from the Le Saint-Philippe figurehead production. Figurehead is made by my friend by hand from boxwood.
Hallo @marsalv
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back