Le Soleil Royal ZHL Build Log [COMPLETED BUILD]

No. I was short a dummy cannon, but I won’t need it because the aft chase ports will be closed. If you got it directly from ZHL, Max has been diligent to make things right. It might take a while, though, with shipping situation we have now.

No. I was short a dummy cannon, but I won’t need it because the aft chase ports will be closed. If you got it directly from ZHL, Max has been diligent to make things right. It might take a while, though, with shipping situation we have now.
I have left over cannon from previous builds. Although not with the tail. The only one who will know is myself and people here. ;) If anyone notices,,,,, they are hallucinating.

I’m finally back in the saddle again. Nailing on the black wale just above the bottom gun deck. It’s tough bending the wales without warping them too. I can only work for an hour or so at a time. I think I’ve had Covid this past week. Can’t easily get tests to find out. VA hospital says not to bother them unless it’s dire and distress. So I’ll just stay home for the rest of the week. It’s like a bad case of the flu that’s lasted for a week. Keep Healthy, guys, and stay rested and hydrated.B38521D9-A6E9-4786-AA69-822D03347C16.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m finally back in the saddle again. Nailing on the black wale just above the bottom gun deck. It’s tough bending the wales without warping them too. I can only work for an hour or so at a time. I think I’ve had Covid this past week. Can’t easily get tests to find out. VA hospital says not to bother them unless it’s dire and distress. So I’ll just stay home for the rest of the week. It’s like a bad case of the flu that’s lasted for a week. Keep Healthy, guys, and stay rested and hydrated.View attachment 282472
Hey Vic
Get well

I’m now trying to figure out how to attach this piece. View attachment 282615
I’m seeing a lot of space between the hull and the piece because of the angle. I don’t want to bend the piece for fear of breaking it.
View attachment 282616
On a similar project, I drilled holes into the casting and installed pins. I am not sure if that will work with your installation given the angle of the castings, but thought I would mention it nonetheless.

On a similar project, I drilled holes into the casting and installed pins. I am not sure if that will work with your installation given the angle of the castings, but thought I would mention it nonetheless.
Thanks, Jack! I’ll look into it before I get there. I still have some wales to complete and some nails to pound. And then there’s port metal castings to install aft and side. And I suppose I have to install the bowsprit and lash it; otherwise, the large castings will be in the way. Little by little, inch by inch. By the yard it’s hard. By the inch, it’s a cinch.

I’m now trying to figure out how to attach this piece. View attachment 282615
I’m seeing a lot of space between the hull and the piece because of the angle. I don’t want to bend the piece for fear of breaking it.
View attachment 282616
Good morning Vic. Hope you are on the mend. I have a feeling that being brass you will be able to bend that to fit the curve you are looking for.

Good morning Vic. Hope you are on the mend. I have a feeling that being brass you will be able to bend that to fit the curve you are looking for.
I doubt it is brass, most likely it is Pewter alloy. If it is, be careful when bent, it could simply break into a few pieces.

Back