Learning to make metal parts- Books? Tips?

Hi Glenn,
Here in the UK we have an old established company called Hobby's who produce an annual listing (over 270 pages) all their products which are available by mail order.
I've been a customer of theirs for several years and always found them efficient and offering good value.
On page 244 of their current annual is their books section (link below) which lists over 100 modelling-related books including many workshop subjects - hopefully you might find something relevant here:-

All the best
Mike

I was also, so impressed by the metalwork shown in Kerz Atao F14800 post that I too wanted to know more on how this was done. I purchased and received the Complete Metalsmith Professional edition by Tim McCreight. This book provides a wealth of information on materials, tools, shaping, surfaces, joining, color, finishing, casting, chains, findings and mechanisms. Although this book seems to be geared towards jewelry making, I hope that the techniques would be applicable to small metal parts for ship modeling. Still working my way through the book.
... And here's a link to the book..

Complete Metalsmith: Professional Edition https://a.co/d/741IsK7

Back