• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

Liberty ship rigging plan needed

Joined
Mar 31, 2020
Messages
181
Points
88

Location
USA
Does anyone have a reading plan for liberty ships? In particular, I’m looking for it with the derricks/ cranes in the stowed position. I am converting a 1/700 scale liberty into a post war Greek cargo ship, similar to the ship my father immigrated to America as a merchant sailor. I’ve eliminated all gun tubs and the four raft/boat slides. I’m not sure if there’s anything else I need to alter/ omit, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. i’m also adding PE ladders and railings from my spares bin.

IMG_3296.jpeg

IMG_3287.jpeg

IMG_3291.jpeg

image.jpg
 
Amendment to my last post, it should be a rigging plan, not a reading plan. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
 
who are you talking to as AER3393's model is 1/700 scale according to his 1st post in this thread?
 
That is correct. The kit pictured thatI’m working on at this time is 1/700 scale. However, I also have a 1/350 scale I plan to build at a little later time.
 
Back
Top