looking at kits for my next project.

thank you Uwek for all of that information , as you mentioned, the size id the one thing that has me
looking for more info. I was just reading diff build logs or information on them all over the web, some good, some not so much LOL
some pointed out things to look out for, errors in the kits, these dated back a few years. I'm not sure the company has done any updates on the kits?? from what I got searching on them, the company has not changed much at all over many years.
I't s not a cheap kit, I'll search for a good deal or maybe a special somewhere, if that shows up, I may jump in.. I am still looking at other options and kits, just seem to be drawn back to these two LOL

Caldercraft rate their ships from Beginner to Advanced, with a My first kit was the caldercraft Endeaveour. It was rate medium and was a challenge, but I go through it.
The kits are highly accurate and come with more than sufficient wood. The plans and Documents are excellent. I done Occre, AL, Panart & Corel. Nome of these compare to the Caldercraft kits in quality and plans / documents. I had never done a ship before, but I persisted and she still holds place of pride on my shelves.

Here is an enomous one that I built on a small table. The frames were made individually, and the hull planked with 1/16th inch thick obeche wood planks. It was radio controlled. View attachment 84221
I once sailed ships as these. My absolute favorite was the SS Cleveland, formerly the SS American Mail. She was a C5-s-75A, with seven hatches. Last of the C series of American merchant vessels and the Cadillac of old steamers. I was first her Engine Cadet Midshipman, a few years later her 2nd Assistant Engineering Officer. We sailed her all over the Far East. Over the time I was aboard, we buried two Ordinary seamen at sea, I went from polywog to shellback, and after almost every day watch in the engine room, I would come above to watch the sunset over the fantail in the south seas, a sight as vivid in my memory today as it was over 30 years ago.

S.S. American Mail (S.S. Cleveland)  3.jpgS.S. CLEVELAND.jpg

Back