• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

Looking for 3D printing designer to create files for 1:10 scale schooner hull

Joined
Sep 12, 2026
Messages
2
Points
0
greetings,
I have in mind to print out the hull of a particular sailing schooner hull in 1:10 scale. I have all the loftings, but dont know how to create the 3D print files. Can anyone direct me to someone who might be interested?
 
i can do that but it depends on the size of the model many printers are limited in size so the model may have to be printed in sections. Is the hull a shell or built up with bulkheads or frames?
 
i can do that but it depends on the size of the model many printers are limited in size so the model may have to be printed in sections. Is the hull a shell or built up with bulkheads or frames?
Thanks for replying. I'm sure the schooner will have to be printed in sections, no problem. As far as I can deduce, the hull length will be 48 inches and beam 12.8 inches. It will need a removable external keel, and if the keel bulb can be 3d printed so I can fill it with lead shot, that would be huge bonus. I doubt it would be an empty shell.
 
Back
Top