M.S. Calabar/Semiramis

Hello all, as I said in "Introduce yourself", I´m a reasonably good plastic modeller. In naval affairs I built several years ago two Revell U-boote in 1/72 scale, and even a wood model (rather humble) of Navío Santísima Trinidad.

This time I have in mind the possibility of scratch build a passenger/cargo ship, rather unknown, the M.S. Calabar, later Semiramis.

My interest in this ship is because in 1954, already named "Semiramis", she brought back to Spain almost 300 spanish POW from the USSR.

I´ve made an extensive research in the web looking for some plans of this ship, but with no result. Even the Belfast Museum have nothing at all, at least digitalized.

M.S. Calabar (later Semiramis) was built in Harland & Wolff shipyard in 1935. I´ve found several nice photos of it (including the most known ones in Spain, when he arrived at Barcelona on april 2nd, 1954), and a lot of information about measures, transformations in 1948 and 1953, etc, but not a single drawing of it.

However, somebody built a model of it years ago, I still keep a little photo of the model.

If anybody would have some material that could be useful for this project, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
Hallo @Stabsveterinar
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back