Magenta

Spanish Civil War?? You mean 1936? Those would simply be vintage or post-WWI ships, correct? Please explain what you mean by "marks"? Do you mean plans aka drawings?

In Spain we have several brands of wooden kits and none of them have in their catalog a ship that participated in the Spanish-American war. some of these ships with heroic actions both in Cuba and the Philippines. Why? I do not know.
In the USA you have marks with civil war ships. Spanish marks with ships from the Spanish civil war...nothing. But that's another issue. I think that all of us who are in this forum, in addition to boats, also like history and I think that there is an era that is underrepresented. Referring to wooden kits and major scales

Greetings
No one can tell you why some parts of history are more popular than others. To learn all the events in history would take longer than history itself. What becomes popular is not something under anyone's control. Aside from the USS Maine, because it was the subject of so much controversy, I can't name one ship involved in the Spanish-American War.

Spanish Civil War?? You mean 1936? Those would simply be vintage or post-WWI ships, correct? Please explain what you mean by "marks"? Do you mean plans aka drawings?
Hello. I forgot about this thread.
I was referring to the fact that the Spanish kit manufacturers do not have in their catalogs ships that participated in the Spanish-American War or in the Spanish Civil War. It seems to be a taboo. In the USA your kit manufacturers don't seem to have such qualms.

Cheers ;)

No one can tell you why some parts of history are more popular than others. To learn all the events in history would take longer than history itself. What becomes popular is not something under anyone's control. Aside from the USS Maine, because it was the subject of so much controversy, I can't name one ship involved in the Spanish-American War.
I find the ships of that time very attractive. Those who participated in the Spanish-American war, the Russo-Japanese war, etc.
in plastic kits there are a few, but kits in larger scales and in wood and metal very little, to say nothing.
I always refer to the kit theme. If I were an advanced modeler and wanted to reproduce a Spanish ship from that war, I could go to the Naval Museum in Madrid and get the plans.

Cheers;)

Back