Mantua Sovereign of the Seas 1:78 bashed to death kit from Janos

Janos, This year is my 8th year at School of Arts learning wood carving on a larger scale. Your small carving is a great craftsmanship and I hope to learn more from your build logs.
Joe

Just showing the present state of SoS. In the end I decided that I will include masts and yards and rigging (but no sails) so I am busy with the shrouds and stays at the moment. I also made the mast tops according to Lee's book. The aft side lanterns had been replaced from those half-ones into full sizes.
Janos
DSC_0794.JPGDSC_0795.JPGDSC_0796.JPGDSC_0798.JPGDSC_0803.JPGDSC_0804.JPGDSC_0805.JPG

Hallo Janos,
there is a new book available, which could be very interesting for you, also for the finishing of the rigging

Sovereign of the Seas, 1637:
A Reconstruction of the Most Powerful Warship of its Day

by John McKay (Autor)

10.jpg

Hallo Janos,
there is a new book available, which could be very interesting for you, also for the finishing of the rigging

Sovereign of the Seas, 1637:
A Reconstruction of the Most Powerful Warship of its Day

by John McKay (Autor)

View attachment 141201

My copy is in the mail! I pre-ordered it. :D

Janos,

STUNNING work - such a pleasure for the eyes.
The book that Uwe just linked to - looks to be an excellent source as well. Just ordered one from Amazon. The Sovereign has been on my wish list for a long time - seeing yours makes me want to try to capture 1% of your skills trying to build this kit version. The sculptures, and details that you have created would be impossible, for me, in this life or the next - but I can now see what is possible for some superb artists.

-PS: Your kit "bashed to death" is an Understatement
o_O

Cheers

Back