MarisStella-Trabaccolo 1/32 scale by Don Robinson

Here is the start of my build log for MarisStella's kit of the Trabacollo. The kit consists of laser cut billets both walnut and plywood. The wood is mainly walnut with some lime wood and a little oak. The kit also comes with four pages of excellent plans. All wood appears to be of top quality and laser cut boards are done very well. First impressions that this a first rate kit.
100_0632.JPG
Excuse the mess in the kitchen, but here is the box

100_0787.jpg
Laying of the keel

IMG_0776.jpg
Dry fitting bulkheads
IMG_0781.jpgIMG_0783.jpgIMG_0792.jpg
Gluing the bulkheads

IMG_0797.jpg
Support strips installed and the interior started

IMG_0799.jpgIMG_0804.jpg
Bow cabin started

IMG_0804.jpg

Liked this picture so much I posted it twice. lol How does one remove a picture?

IMG_0807.jpg
Stern cabin

IMG_0836.jpg
Bow cabin floor completed

IMG_0839.jpg

Very interesting model and building log of this Adriatic fishing boat......and looks like a very good build

Hello Don

Great job you are doing on your Trabaccolo, this sure is a very nice and well put together kit, seems to be a notch above all of the others or it looks that way from here. Keep up the great work and do keep the pictures coming, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

IMG_1359.JPG
Getting ready to cut in scuppers

IMG_1361.JPG
Cutting scuppers with mill

IMG_1597.JPG
Scupper strake installed

IMG_1603.JPG
Upper planking complete

IMG_1605.JPG
Shaping wale pieces for bow

IMG_1606.JPG
pieces installed

IMG_1609.JPG
Wale completed

IMG_1612.JPG
Wale and rubbing strake installed and painting begun

IMG_1613.JPG
IMG_1615.JPG
Painting completed, for now

IMG_1705.JPG
Companion way

IMG_1708.JPG
Aft hatch

IMG_1717.JPG
Ladders completed

IMG_1712.JPG
IMG_1720.JPG
Not sure why I included this picture, this is making the porthole covers for the companionway.

Thanks to everyone for stopping by, comments and likes. Hope you enjoy, more coming soon.

Your deck furniture is coming out very nicely. Very clean and accurate work...

This is the kind of speed i would like to have in my future builds.
Looks great.
Gr. Jos.

G'day Don and Jos.
This is not fast, it's 'warp 9.95'. My head is still spinning when you zoooooomed past me.
:oops:
I was going to say when you done the final planking on the hull......'another Mile Stone on a great job with the planking' but, now I gonna say increadale decking furniture.mate.:p
I'll was going to say, I'll grab a chair and watch for another entry, but this will be over very soon, so I'll occupy this space standing up.:rolleyes:
I wish I could be as quick as you.
Happyfastmodeling mate
Greg

Back