Marmara Trade boat directions

Just received the Marmara Trade boat kit from Shicheng Model. The directions and assembly drawings are poorly printed and in some cases are unreadable. None of the assembly illustrations are visible as they are printed so lightly. Does anyone have a readable set of directions. Supplier (in China) has not been very cooperative. I understand that somewhere there are english directions. Help!

Just received the Marmara Trade boat kit from Shicheng Model. The directions and assembly drawings are poorly printed and in some cases are unreadable. None of the assembly illustrations are visible as they are printed so lightly. Does anyone have a readable set of directions. Supplier (in China) has not been very cooperative. I understand that somewhere there are english directions. Help!
Hello Andy. Here are some links to our members build log @Dematosdg and @mstritzl

Please don't forget to credit those guys :cool:

Hello Andy. Here are some links to our members build log @Dematosdg and @mstritzl

Please don't forget to credit those guys :cool:

Jimsky , Andy contacted me by PM. I provided him all the links , including the Chinese building log I used as my main guidance. I also pointed him where I posted all the English manual in pictures. Andy just wrote me that now he is ready to go !!!!

So ANDY .... let start that building log and all here in SOS will be helping you.

Cheers
Daniel

Last edited:
Jimsky , Andy contacted me by PM. I provided him all the links , including the Chinese building log I used as my main guidance. I also pointed him where I posted all the English manual in pictures. Andy just wrote me that now he is ready to go !!!!

So ANDY .... let start that building log and all here in SOS will be helping you.

Cheers
Daniel
Hello D................. searching for a little help regarding for and aft HULL filigree decorations. I have four in etched brass and four in very fine wood. Do you choose one
over the other or is the wood to be glued to the brass then applied to the hull together.
Thanks
john b

Hello D................. searching for a little help regarding for and aft HULL filigree decorations. I have four in etched brass and four in very fine wood. Do you choose one
over the other or is the wood to be glued to the brass then applied to the hull together.
Thanks
john b

You choose one. I used the wood filigree. The thin wood background needs to be taken by sanding.

Tape a big chunk of 320 sanding paper to a piece of wood. You place the filigree over it and with a sponge over the filigree you sand the full piece. Or any soft material able of moving the full filigree decoration over the sanding paper carefully as a block.

Daniel

Last edited:
Thanks
john b

I refer to the thin wood seen here in the background of the filigree. Don't try to cut it !!!!!

Screenshot_20220124-175600_Chrome.jpg

Thanks Dan, that clears that up . Does the wood filigree conform to the hull without snapping or did you dampen first ?

jb

Thanks Dan, that clears that up . Does the wood filigree conform to the hull without snapping or did you dampen first ?

jb

JB, Is very thin and flexible. It just take the contour without any issue. Just be careful when managing it, "but not be scare". Thin, but strong also.

Cheers
Daniel

jb

As soon as you place a thin layer of wood glue, that makes it more flexible and will stick to the hull very strong. No needs of any clamps at all.

Back