Marseille 1764 from Mamoli by Mo.

Hello everyone
I got this kit from ebay & have to admit , it is not of my best buys
seems that the kit is old, the keel and ribs wood is balsa, very light, i have to be careful working with it
The instructions is not so bad , helps a lot

here is some pix of the project , will update during progress

2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Is it realy balsa, or a very light plywood? I was reading once, that this kit is not an easy one, so I will sit in the first row to see the progress, crossing the fingers, that you can solve the problems the kit will bring......otherwise here are a lot of very good modelers happy to help and assist when necessary and requested.

I think it is light ply, also called balsa ply although it has nothing to do with balsa.

Very easy to cut and work with.

Regards

JL

Is it realy balsa, or a very light plywood? I was reading once, that this kit is not an easy one, so I will sit in the first row to see the progress, crossing the fingers, that you can solve the problems the kit will bring......otherwise here are a lot of very good modelers happy to help and assist when necessary and requested.
it is balsa and not well symmetrical
when placed the deck I saw the problem , Seems to be a very challenging model :)
cheers mate

Is the keel straight? Looks a little crooked in photo.

Is the keel straight? Looks a little crooked in photo.
it is not straight , and i don't feel that the wood will survive if i tried to soak it in water right to get it right
it is a very challenging kit :)

the keel is not straight , i kept it clamped for 2 weeks on a straight bar , but no change , I have no idea how i will compensate the gaps between the rips and the deck

5.jpg6.jpg

hope i wont disappoint you captain :))))

Back