'Mary' / Mamoli 1;54

Well done! lovely, charming model. Great planking job, nicely spiled, wonderful fit and finish! I'd like to have seen more of your planking process in detail, I am sure it would have been very instructive. This is not an easy process and speaks volumes about skill and patience on your part. Same goes for your finishing. what did you use ? method of application?

Pete Gutterman

Well done! lovely, charming model. Great planking job, nicely spiled, wonderful fit and finish! I'd like to have seen more of your planking process in detail, I am sure it would have been very instructive. This is not an easy process and speaks volumes about skill and patience on your part. Same goes for your finishing. what did you use ? method of application?

Pete Gutterman
Thanks very much for your compliment, Pete!
Under the waterline I gave her 5 or 6 layers of transparent pickle(?) in dark walnut color and on top of that a few layers of varnish. The rest of the hull, including all the painted parts, received a number of layers of varnish as well.
I like to create 'watertight' planking on my models, both first and second planking.
Best regards from Holland,
Jan

Back