Master Shipbuilder Tender "Avos". Project from Russia 2021.

Maximum configuration. Covering the deck of the pear, nailing the skin, boat YAL-4, ready sails.
Screenshot_20210402-115138.png
On the seventh day of laughter, I started a new project. I like it very much. I'm happy to make this ship. Today already 2april I finish the case. Tomorrow is the water Day holiday again. What would that mean?

Maximum configuration. Covering the deck of the pear, nailing the skin, boat YAL-4, ready sails.
On the seventh day of laughter, I started a new project. I like it very much. I'm happy to make this ship. Today already 2april I finish the case. Tomorrow is the water Day holiday again. What would that mean?
Hallo @dantist sovereign
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
What happened with this project? Did you start it?

Actually, I am building the SOLEIL Royal ship from Deagostini very actively. There are a lot of things in this work that are "not good" (yes, almost everything (!), because the developers of this ******* do not know anything! BUT (!!!), only in terms of the ship's "Feng Shui" (match) in my work there is MUCH MORE - it's accuracy. It's very expensive!
But accuracy in work, purity of execution.. I personally think that it is not treated (who suffers from it). Nothing. Neither time, nor a hand transplant.. No way..
And here with this complete order!
DSC_0029.JPG
DSC_0030.JPG
It is necessary to polish the case, and it is still cold outside. Therefore, I am waiting for good warm weather. In the meantime, I will start assembling the tender "MAYBE" the time has come for finishing the skin. Carefully cleaned the entire body with a large skin (180-250), checked all the contours. Finishing... There were no problems. Since the case is assembled correctly, all the malki, too, after a little scalding, the finish lies as poured. First of all, I put the inner lining of the bulwark. The beauty is that the planks from the pear are made very plastic and "flow around" the surface very well. Immediately after sizing the parts, I removed the excess glue that is squeezed out. This is done very easily. The slats were laid in pairs - right side, left side. They should lie absolutely symmetrically. If I took off the malki correctly.
DSC_0026.JPG
DSC_0024.JPG
DSC_0025.JPG
DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

Beautiful planking job! The Avos builds into a beautiful ship - as does all of Master Korabel's models.

As you probably know, small ships on the 1/72 scale are usually devoid of some detail. And I can include scuppers to them. This set is not provided, so I decided to take advantage of the moment. Most likely there were three or four pieces on board on this bark. The inner diameter of the scupper was 2.5 inches, and the average one was 0.5 inches larger. According to our 1/72 scale, this is about 0.8-1.0 mm, a large syringe needle will fully fit. Usually the scuppers were installed from the middle of the ship between the guns and next to the pumps in the waterways. Since the deck had a transverse and longitudinal channel, water flowed down the sides. From the outside of the bulwark, the scupper came out flush or protruded a little, on this protruding part were put on MOMMERS invented in the 17th century by the Dutch, leather or cloth tarred tapering sleeves, which served as the simplest locking device to prevent water from entering the outside when the ship heeled. And the upper part of the scupper was covered with a grate embedded flush into the deck, so that random objects from the deck would not get there. Here are the chilling lines from the naval novel "Scraps of human bodies were lying all over the deck, blood flowed into the scuppers in streams..." Vladimir Shigin's historical novel "Kaliakria" is a book dedicated to the Russian-Turkish War of 1787-1791
DSC_0155.JPG
DSC_0151.JPG
DSC_0150.JPG
DSC_0143.JPG

Back