Meet and Greet - Colombia and Austria

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Do you recognize this beautiful stern?

IMG-7516.jpg

Yes, Correct - it is the amazing model made by our friend Hellmuht alias @Schrader

I am in moment on a business trip here in Colombia in the beautiful and highly interesting city of Medellin, where Hellmuht is living (and modelling)

Medellin.jpg

Two days ago I was invited by Hellmuht for a meet and greet meeting in his office, I was able to see his interesting models (which are here in SOS shown in building logs), we talked a lot about ships and ship modeling and had a wonderful lunch in a very good fish restaurant in the near. What could better than shipmodels, a friend to talk about our common hobby and a glass of tasty wine.......

On the left my friend Hellmuht and on the right it is myself
IMG-7521.jpg

some impressions of his great models

IMG-7511.jpg

IMG-7513.jpg

IMG-7512.jpg

IMG-7514.jpg

IMG-7515.jpg

Hellmuhts first scratch build the gunboat based on the plans of Gérard Delacroix
IMG-7522.jpg

IMG-7523.jpg

IMG-7524.jpg

IMG-7525.jpg

we had very interesting talks and listen the explanations and discussed construction methods

IMG-7526.jpg

Even my colombian assistant Karen was highly interested and amazed by "shipmodeling" and the work behind ........

IMG-7517.jpg

I have to say Many Thanks to Hellmuht for his hospitality and the time he was able to spend with us

Many Thanks and Keep Care my friend
I am looking forward for my next visit in Colombia - and / or to see you in my hometown Vienna

Uwek

Meeting one of the man that makes this forum possible was one of my best experiences in ship modeling I’ve ever had.

My scratch modeling just have few years an thanks for taking the time visiting me, but above all for all those kind words.

You know my friends, all of you, this is your home

Thanks a lot

Wonderfull work Helmuht @Schrader. Especially the diorama s are beautiful works of art.
Good to see that shipmodelling is such a universal hobby, that even if you have never met somebody before, you can have great discussions. Keep up the good work.

Well, what could be better to meet and greet your friend in person! We knew Hellmuth for his very high-end modeling skills and great models\dioramas, but we have never seen him. I am truly happy that you have a great time talking about modeling. This is awesome! Many thanks to both of you for giving us another chance to see the nice craftsman and models he made.

BTW, I like your Colombian assistant, Karen ;)

After reading all your comments……and knowing that Uwe is not in Colombia any more…. Just say thanks a lot for your kind words and to Uwe that this is your home

This forum is full of real kind people that shares not just a hobby but kindness

My last work The Quanzhou Junk is taking a little more time than expected due to some health issues. But with God help and good energies coming from good friends will be finished soon

Best regards and take care yourselves

After reading all your comments……and knowing that Uwe is not in Colombia any more…. Just say thanks a lot for your kind words and to Uwe that this is your home

This forum is full of real kind people that shares not just a hobby but kindness

My last work The Quanzhou Junk is taking a little more time than expected due to some health issues. But with God help and good energies coming from good friends will be finished soon

Best regards and take care yourselves

Get well soon, Hellmuth. The hobby can wait, so we will. :)

This night, after 24 hours travelling I arrived back at home......
already missing the summer weather in Medellin, Colombia, the big steaks and cold bear as well the fine wines,
and off course most of all the friendly colombian people.
So I am pretty sure, that my next trip back to Medellin will come soon.
Hellmuht my friend see you soon ...... and take care

This night, after 24 hours travelling I arrived back at home......
already missing the summer weather in Medellin, Colombia, the big steaks and cold bear as well the fine wines,
and off course most of all the friendly colombian people.
So I am pretty sure, that my next trip back to Medellin will come soon.
Hellmuht my friend see you soon ...... and take care
These are the "travelogues" that push the not always beautiful things in this world into the background for a moment. Thank you both gentlemen, respect.:)

Back