Midwest Chesapeake Flatty 1/32

Hello again my removal is nesrly done (for the Shop Yard) and I Decoder to Start with my oldest shelf-ware the Chesapeake Flatty from Midwest Models to geht sind fast sucsesses in the hobby. No pomp. No circumstances. Just bashing a bit, investing some ideas in the kid's model to get a nicer result from it.
View attachment 294305
I picked it up yesterday from my pile and think with a little bit of reading and adding some details I may manage to get a sufficend result out of it.

So your tips and hints are very helpful - in particular due to literature and detailling.

So let's crack in right in to it this evening...

editPS:
I so have sone books Witten by H.I.Chapelle -

may I find Something in there?

content.jpeg

I built one of these 30 years ago. A fun little build, but don't remember whatever happened to the finished model. Didn't know this kit was still available.

I got their Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack on EvilBay not long ago for what I thought was a very reasonable price. Am taking a break from Uvalen to work on the lobster smack. Looking forward to watching Iterum's progress

Did mine a few years back. I have several Midwest kits in the stash and several that I finished. There is lots of room for embellishment here and opportunity to practice some scratch building skills as well, without breaking the bank. Too bad they are out of production.

IMG_1665.JPG

And yes - It does float on a nice even keel in the birdbath.

IMG_1692.JPG

Have fun with your build and keep us posted.
EJ

I think I have that kit in my collection.

Sad that Midwest Products stopped all kit production, these are all now collectors kits.
I didn't know that Kurt; I'm very sad to hear it. But at least, I can sell my untouched MidWest kits on eBay now, and make a few millions...

Back