Miniature Power Drill

I picked up this drill from Amazon a while ago, and it is the best small tool for model making that I own! It is small (6" long), operates at low rpm, and is able to accommodate drill sizes from #80 (.0135") to #22 (5/32"). This is perfect for drilling treenail holes. Just use an awl to put a tiny hole in the wood, rest the drill bit in the hole and turn the drill on. Excellent control, unlike a Dremel, and no more sore hands from using a pin vice, or broken bits using the manual push-action hand drill.

I cannot recommend this more highly! And only $30!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGQ24PS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Img_1156.jpg

Can t you get proxxon in the us? Think the dremel is to big in size and with the proxxon you can control the rpm.
Actually, Dremel has developed a new tool: Versatile Craft Rotary Too 2050-15 Stylo+ I bought it in Home Depot as an opened box for $ 30.00 (bargaining price). They sell it around 40~50 dollars in the US. It is a really nice tool, small and stylish...and variable speed. The only minus, it doesn't have chuck only collects. I really like it!

IMG_0552.jpeg IMG_0553.jpeg

Hi dave,

Can t you get proxxon in the us? Think the dremel is to big in size and with the proxxon you can control the rpm.
If variable speed were the only concern, it is a simple matter to build (or buy) an electronic speed control to install between the power module & the motor. Not much more than a potentiometer & a MOSFET transistor required (plus a small box to house the control). The supply output is labeled at 12 Volts dc, up to 5A max. I doubt the motor ever gets even close to 5 Amps.

Back