Minnie

Minnie - Topsail schooner. 32 feet to 1 inch (1:384). Scratchbuilt.
Bob

Minnie (Large).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy cow, that's amazing. I'm in awe seeing the level of detail in that model. My poor eyes would go blind trying to build something that small. Great job! You've certainly gained my humble respect for your skills. I could never build a detailed model ship of that size. Wouldn't want to even try! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Take care,

Bob

Thanks,
Not very difficult though! The rigging is all fine wire just glued on in short lengths, with no fiddly knots. Sailing ships are real easy, especially merchant sailing ships with no guns and very little decoration. Something like this is very simple, but the main reason most modellers never build them is that they convince themsleves that they could never do it, and therefore never try! It requires very few tools, and cost vitually nothing. This is what I would call a complicated model - the steamer Arabia at 32 feet to 1 inch (1:384).
Model shipbuilders keep well clear of this type, because it is a merchant ship, but collectors can't get enough of them! And because of this, I had to stop taking private commissions years ago, because the pressure on me was too great. I only build what I feel like now, but even that brings a constant stream of "If you ever feel like building....... I will buy it!" which again, puts me off! My model shipbuilding output is very small these days!
Bob

Arabia out of case (Medium).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back