Model Expo Discontinuing OCCRE

As usual this time of year am late with my 'net hobby reading.
I've read the comments and while I can't disagree with any of them didn't see what would concern me with purchasing and building an OcCre ,model.
(tho may have missed the comments). I can't successfully build a full rigged sailing ship due to closeup and uncorrectable vision so am limited to other models. OcCre shows several that look like they would suit my needs. Unfortunately they seem to be priced beyond what I feel is value received when compared to other model makers. Next, as to why, is that several look like almost a cartoon rendition of what the real thing was and would take a bunch of work to make them look otherwise. Now, with that said, I don't have a feel for the sailing ships so this may just be my opinion of the other types of models.

As to Model Expo discontinuing OcCre - fixed pricing works when you have the only available product in a market base and are trying to take advantage of a limited audience. Model Expo will not suffer but OcCre has now lost an important US sales outlet and they will suffer some level of consequence in this market and may elsewhere if not competitive pricewise with other large model brands.

Last edited:
My only experience with Occre was a Stephenson’s Rocket early locomotive which I bought for an interim project. The quality of the kit and instructions was quite good. Shipping from Europe was inexpensive and fast. I needed a replacement part and it came quickly. I have no idea how good their ship models are.
I’ll post the finished model soon.

I live in Thailand and I bought first two Occre products directly from Occre in Spain : never do it again , transport from Europe is expensive ( 80 euros ) , Thai customs and Fedex are very expensive, too :
now, I have found a much cheaper way : Amazon.us : transport to Thailand free, and we pay customs directly to Amazon
but Amazon doesn't sell as many products as the producers
and an other way, very cheap is by post ( EMS ) but not many producers send their products by post ( if you know some, please tell it )

so big deal they raised their prices. i dont see that as a boy cot reaction. prices of everything has gone up... did you stop buying lettuce or tomatos? my first car fully loaded was $4000... today the same model is $90,000 and going up every year.

if expo sold at the manufacturer price, then let the buyers decide if they want to buy at that price or not. a drop in sales will send the message to the manufactuer. ever hear of comparative shopping? thats free enterprise.

im also sure when the price goes up, people will post opinions on product vs value... the reviews n recomendations will reveal the quality for the buck compared to other brands... that kind of advertising hurts more than boy cots.

Back