Model Expo special 20% discount to SOS members

Hi. Checked the model expo website and I can’t see the anniversary discount and do we need a code for the SOS discount?
Greetings, Robster.
All you have to do is to click on the image at the beginning of this thread. The discount will be applyed automatically.

1617637864150.png

It doesn't seem to be applying the discount anymore. Have had several attempts.
When you use the link in the first post of this topic - please choose your model

and you will see, that automatically the discount of 20% is mentioned and already calculated - I tried it with two models

Unbenannt.JPG

Unbenannt1.JPG

I just tried the Wacky Wednesday plus Ships of Scale discount on both the Mamoli Alabama and Maris Stella Galley. It will apply the 23% Wacky Wednesday discount, but not the SOS discount. Not sure how it is supposed to work, but it doesn't appear to be working anymore.

I was there on Monday and Carlos mentioned something to me about having discounts problems when customers will try to close a deal.
The problem relies in a computer glitch that backed up more than 200 orders and is now they are processing them.
This problem happen when a client tried to enter twice the 20% discount, that’s when their orders system got locked.
I guess the best way for SOS members to get the discount would be calling the store and tell them you are a member of SOS.

I tried to take advantage of the offered discount as soon as it was initially announced here on SOS. Unfortunately my experience wasn't good at all. I ordered 2 different sets of micro drill bits and some other tools. I inspected the drill bits upon receipt of my order and to my surprise not one of the bits was usable. The cutting edges were all ground way off center. The rake angles on some were entirely the wrong direction. One drill had zero flutes and another had just 1 flute. Now I was machinist for 15 yrs and I understand drills and cutters and how to resharper them by hand. Drills bits that small are not easily resharpend. They are GOOD or they are BAD. I immediately emailed Model Expo on the 22nd of March about the problem and have received zero response. I have since purchased drill bits elsewhere and they are GOOD. I hope for future customers they do some quality control.

Disappointing

Cmonscour

I shared my experience earlier today and would like to follow up with the following. I have placed a handful of orders with Model Expo in the past few years and have to say the experience was always satisfactory. They replaced a defective part from one of there kits quickly and as usual at no charge to me.. I didn't want to come across as totally bashing Model Expo because of just one unsatisfactory experience. That wouldn't be fair.

Thank you

Dear friends,

It's a pleasure for me to share with you a promised discount, just click the Model Shipways logo and enjoy our 20% discount created for all SOS members.

View attachment 219324

Sales: John Garcia
jgarcia@modelexpo-online.com
Phone: +1(800)222-3876

Parts: Ed Fry
modelexpo.parts@gmail.com

Carlos Jimenez / COO
Hello John, I'm very new to building model ships and I just started a HALCON Schooner 1840 1/100 and I'm loving every minute of it, it's very challenging as there is little instructions and no instructions at all for mast assembly and the sail sizes.
I will be building up to making bigger boats as I improve, I've been looking at some u are selling and I will definitely keep u in mind when buying, thanks

Thank you Model Expo and Ships of Scale for the great service and discounts given to me from this thread! I just picked up on sale then discounted “the Fair American “ model shipways model and paint and some new brushes for a $70.00 savings ! Can’t wait for delivery ! Total was $164.48 free shipping!
FANTASTIC!

6A830298-B637-455F-B9B6-1624AEC15D86.jpeg

Thank you Model Expo and Ships of Scale for the great service and discounts given to me from this thread! I just picked up on sale then discounted “the Fair American “ model shipways model and paint and some new brushes for a $70.00 savings ! Can’t wait for delivery ! Total was $164.48 free shipping!
FANTASTIC!

View attachment 354499
Well my friend, I’m so glad you save that money.
Happy modeling.

Back