Morgan's Whaleboat 1:25 288mm

I have been enjoying my build of the Krick Borkum and telling all my dog-walking friends ( all 6 feet apart) about my progress. A friend was mentioning how precise the hobby was and not for him. His wife found a not opened kit from her late father's estate and thought he might like to do what I am doing - you should see the horror on his face - not his thing. His wife asked me if the kit could find a good home. It did - mine. It will be my next project. Anyone out there done this small little guy? Will keep you posted after I finish the Borkum.

orkum.Whaleboat.jpg

Zoly99sask,
As a good Canadian, you know it is cottage/cabin/camp time. I am still waiting for my steam plant and have redone my Borkum to accept an electric engine until the "steam" arrive. With cottage stuff to do I have to wait until the fall to start the whaleboat. Plan to play with my boat at the lake. Since then word is out I am joining the boat building crew. A friend dropped this off. It is now in third spot to make. Do any of you build boats in parallel? Start more than one at a time?
Derek

fantail launch.jpgIMG_20200622_110558.jpgIMG_20200622_110653__01.jpg

Back