Motor Tramp Hylton - 1937

Thank you so much for your remarks. I use my wife's mobile, since I don't have one myself. By the way I'm on Robert's thread and he's the one with the beautiful work. Mine, I'm afraid, is rather amateurish.
Regards, William

The secret is simply to start building them. I never had the money, space, time or patience to build kits, so I took the easier option of scratchbuilding. The first attempts were not very good, but each one was better than the one before. Sailing ships are far easier than steamships, especially using wire that is all glued on in short lengths with no knots anywhere. This was my first attempt at a miniature. Not particularly good when compared with what I do now, but I was happy with it at the time. But the most common statement I hear is "I could never do that!" Anyone who can build a kit can build one of these, but very few believe it. But I only build merchant ships, never having had any great interest in ships of war! That makes it easier as well - no guns and very little decoration.
Bob

Bay of Bengal Large & Small 1972.jpg

Its a beautiful hobbie .i get lost in it seems a hour last only 5 to 10 minutes to me.lol.its takes my mind of every thing else.it relaxes me.i havent built any plastic boat kits in a long time.guess ill never go back to plastic any more.

Back