Museum Video

The Lunenberg Museum of Fisheries has a new video ( I think new) which includes shots of the model made by a crew member of BN which the museum claims is the most accurate. It is particulary interesting that it has no ratlines ( well only two) and spreaders at the first mast step on boith main and foremast How about that.

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 4.07.42 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 4.07.11 pm.png

Actually I apologise to YQ.....the standing rigging plan ( panel V) does sort of acknowledge spreaders at the mast step but they are so shortened that I just had not seen them. I wont be doing them like that...an absolutely mission critical part of the boat IMHO and largely why it wasnt dismasted all the time with that massive rig. Dont know what to make them of..probably some pear offcuts from the frames. Would certainly welcome some suggestions . Also...which shroud is carried up to the topmast through the spreaders...? If I can work it out will take the one closest to the mast fore/aft position.

Most interesting - love the navigation lights.

The Lunenberg Museum of Fisheries has a new video ( I think new) which includes shots of the model made by a crew member of BN which the museum claims is the most accurate. It is particulary interesting that it has no ratlines ( well only two) and spreaders at the first mast step on boith main and foremast How about that.
Hi John,
I remember @PT-2 Rich wrote somewhere earlier that the creator of the model was unable to finish it. Hence some missing parts.
Regards, Peter

Most interesting - love the navigation lights.
Arent they cool...must make some of them for the shrouds. I have found an old photo on this board clearly showing the ratlines right up the shrouds so they must just be incomplete on ther model. This shot also shows the spreaders clearly. Interesting that the shroud going through the spreaders is the smaller one on the smaller deadeyes and chainplates. I guess it is only stabilising the topmast rather than taking the full load of the mainsail.

Bluenose Heavy Seas.jpg

Last edited:
Back