My Favorite Tool!

I built The HMS Bounty (easy kit) back in the late ‘80’s but unfortunately haven’t built another since. I just retired five months ago and now that I have time in my hands have decided to get back into ship building.
Years ago I was heavily into scale RC airplanes and although not involved anymore, I luckily kept all the tools. This was beneficial as these tool can be applied to ship building. I have many tools that are my favorites but I must admit that my favorite just was obtained about a week ago. This “tool” is shown in the last image. My absolute favorite!9D5B850C-98E8-4A41-8247-3E211073E025.jpeg256DCD03-5005-4E93-B28A-8CBBD2AF4792.jpegB57C5B76-E55B-4D2C-9C7A-EB5923D942FD.jpeg1DE85736-46A6-4DD5-8619-39D30E9C61FB.jpeg

Because of our common hobby, we are realy sitting hours and hours on our butt.
and we are not getting younger....... I am pretty sure, that some of us have sucha "tool" using it every day ;)

BTW: you have a nice working place and most of the basic tools - so enjoy the restart of model building

I normally don’t fall into buying something due to all the hype. But that cushion was well worth it. Memory foam with tailbone relief. Very comfortable.

Very nice set of tools and large work surface. You should be able to build just about anything you want. I used to fly R/C and loved it. I don't know if they still make it, but my first place was an Eagle 60. Then I built a scale of an RV4. That was a nice plane. I had many hours of building time on it. It was dumb of me to enter the RV4 into a Fly-in contest, and I was trying to see how many loops I could get in and it dived nose first in some soft muddy ground. HA. Plane was ok !!! A little damage. Money of course was the factor in me progressing. I wanted to get into 1/4 scale, again, just did not have the funds to do so. Also, the flying club was getting too strict (at least this one guy) was a safety freak and really ruined the fun of flying for some (at least for me he did). He just took the fun out of flying.
All R/C flying is going to have some risk to it. After he removed every possible scenario of risk, then flying became such a frikken chore. Not fun anymore.
Then to give R/C one more shot, I decided to try R/C Helicopters and a club member sold me his. I never could get the hang of it. I learned how to hover, but that was it. Then discouragement set it and that was it. I still have a desire to learn Helicopter, but I would have to look up who is flying around here to see if they would be willing to teach. That is hard as most guys go out to fly and not teach. When I was taught how to fly a plane, my instructor told that now I had to teach others.
Sorry for getting off topic. But I think it is ok as this topic could go almost in any general direction.

Very nice set of tools and large work surface. You should be able to build just about anything you want. I used to fly R/C and loved it.
Donnie, thanks. That image was taken almost two months ago when I was just getting back into building. Photo here is current. Am building ZHL Soleil Royal and THANKS to some of the members build logs, my build is going well so far.
I can relate to your RC days. I was in it for 10 years until we lost our field. I progressed into building 1/4 & 1/3 scale plane for scale competition. I built a WWII AT6 Texan (7’ wingspan) and was on its maiden flight at a competition when it crashed being underpowered...was totaled. Took 1 year and $3k for that disaster!
I miss RC flying but am a little glad I gave it up. Getting wayyyyy to expensive. I even had to buy a large trailer to haul my planes to competitions.
050A9FF1-9DE1-4508-A60C-647D0E41193F.jpeg

I built The HMS Bounty (easy kit) back in the late ‘80’s but unfortunately haven’t built another since. I just retired five months ago and now that I have time in my hands have decided to get back into ship building.
Years ago I was heavily into scale RC airplanes and although not involved anymore, I luckily kept all the tools. This was beneficial as these tool can be applied to ship building. I have many tools that are my favorites but I must admit that my favorite just was obtained about a week ago. This “tool” is shown in the last image. My absolute favorite!View attachment 234178View attachment 234179View attachment 234180View attachment 234181
I have one like that. Saves my butt every day!

Back