My first build USS CONSTITUTION MONOGRAM KIT

This is my first attempt at building a ship. I know it is not perfect, but you get better over time. The hull is prefty much painted, now, Maybe a little more touch up to do. I am in no rush to build her. Taking my time. I used to build tanks and planes, but became fascinated with sailing ships (DAMN YOU MASTER & COMMANDER - BOOKS AND MOVIE)
I have recently acquired all the recommended tools, and spent a small fortune on paints along with them. I currently use enamels, because I had so many, and switching to acrylic will be even more costly. I also use pastels and colored pencils (Sealing them with Hair Spray).
This is a learning experience for me, but I am really enjoying it.
I have several ships already purchased but I thought this would be the perfect one to start with.

ship.jpg

Ogho !!! That s a lot of buitifull and raritet kits You have there !!!
By my quite a small experience in plastic kit assembling - the best scale to work with / means which is much handy/ it is scale of 100 and above ... I see You choosen to start with very complicated model but and as nice as well !!!
All the best!
Kirill

I have both... but if for the Constitution model there are a lot of information , models and building blogs , but for the clipper models such as SW clipper, there are a few or even less... what do You have (information in any kind) for the SW model assembling , if You do have intension to upgrade plastic kit a little?

I have both... but if for the Constitution model there are a lot of information , models and building blogs , but for the clipper models such as SW clipper, there are a few or even less... what do You have (information in any kind) for the SW model assembling , if You do have intension to upgrade plastic kit a little?
I have many books on ships and sailing, but none specifically for any kit but the Airfix Mayflower and the Victory put out by Airfix I believe. Yes, the larger ships I plan to do some "Additional features" on them, adding more details and some scratch building. I have the aftermarket guns for the Constitution already. But I am not ready for that yet.

This is my first attempt at building a ship. I know it is not perfect, but you get better over time. The hull is prefty much painted, now, Maybe a little more touch up to do. I am in no rush to build her. Taking my time. I used to build tanks and planes, but became fascinated with sailing ships (DAMN YOU MASTER & COMMANDER - BOOKS AND MOVIE)
I have recently acquired all the recommended tools, and spent a small fortune on paints along with them. I currently use enamels, because I had so many, and switching to acrylic will be even more costly. I also use pastels and colored pencils (Sealing them with Hair Spray).
This is a learning experience for me, but I am really enjoying it.
I have several ships already purchased but I thought this would be the perfect one to start with.

View attachment 472636
Constitution was my first ship kit. Cost $29.00+tax. THAT was a while ago. BTW, did you know SCALEDECKS sells wood applique decks for this kit?

The plastic models are no less challenging than the wood and take years of skill honing to master. I look forward to following your build(s).

Back