My introduction.

Welcome aboard, Tom.

At least your Artesania Latina Connie from 1997 had paper plans/instructions. AL now supplies them on a CD. Does anyone other than me still have a CD for their computer? Of course, I still have a 3.5 USB floppy drive as well!
I still have a cd/ DVD read/write drive and I have an external DVD read/write for my laptop.
of course I also work in IT.

I still have a CD slot in my PC. They are needed for when the computer HD crashes and some programs I cannot get online. Flash drives are great also.

Floppy drives - WOW. that takes me back. I even remember when downloading a site took forever . They started from the top and slowly revealed the site going down. I think my first computer had 50 Mb only.
I think the first personal computer I used regularly was 64K. It wasn't mine as that was way too expensive for me to buy at that time.

Hello to all. This forum is wonderful, especially for newbies. In 1997 (25 years ago) My wife gave me the Artesania Latina US Constitution 1798 1:85 with sails.. I looked at it and noted that it was going to be a difficult challenge. I was very very busy in my practice as a heart transplant surgeon and multiple children to raise. I had never built anything before except plastic planes a kid. I set it in a closet and forgot about it.
2 years ago I retired and moved to Texas. I found the box and took it with me. I am now 2 years into the build. The instructions on that build should be used for toilet paper, especially for a newbie. I found this site recently, It has been a joy to read all here. My build looks OK for a newbie, but could have been much better. I am at the the level of hanging the yards and adding sails. Amazing, the 25 year old paint was like new. Just a lot of shaking at the start.
I also have recently attained a Model Expo US Constitution 1:76. I'm thinking that I will use copper plates for the Hull. Amati Copper Hull Plates 19x6mm 1:64 Scale. I know that the Constitution is a 1:76 But I have not found a reasonable price for others and the larger size will work better with my fat fingers.
Does anybody know how many plates I will need for this ship?

Thanx again for all of you helping others,
Tom
Welcome aboard Doctor:
ME USS Constitution is a great huge model to build.
Next time I’m at the shop, I will take pictures to the one we have in our showroom and post them here as a reference for all.
Here is just a preview.
40946CB8-57F1-4B47-BA04-DFDD9D5E9C8A.jpeg

Hello to all. This forum is wonderful, especially for newbies. In 1997 (25 years ago) My wife gave me the Artesania Latina US Constitution 1798 1:85 with sails.. I looked at it and noted that it was going to be a difficult challenge. I was very very busy in my practice as a heart transplant surgeon and multiple children to raise. I had never built anything before except plastic planes a kid. I set it in a closet and forgot about it.
2 years ago I retired and moved to Texas. I found the box and took it with me. I am now 2 years into the build. The instructions on that build should be used for toilet paper, especially for a newbie. I found this site recently, It has been a joy to read all here. My build looks OK for a newbie, but could have been much better. I am at the the level of hanging the yards and adding sails. Amazing, the 25 year old paint was like new. Just a lot of shaking at the start.
I also have recently attained a Model Expo US Constitution 1:76. I'm thinking that I will use copper plates for the Hull. Amati Copper Hull Plates 19x6mm 1:64 Scale. I know that the Constitution is a 1:76 But I have not found a reasonable price for others and the larger size will work better with my fat fingers.
Does anybody know how many plates I will need for this ship?

Thanx again for all of you helping others,
Tom
Hallo @tomhh
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back