My new rigging tool

I was having much trouble belaying on belaying pins and cleats and I came up with this. It's a piece of a syringe tube soldered on a wire and stuck in a chopstick. I just thread the rope through through the tube and reach the tube back and forth around the cleat or pin. It works better than I had hoped.

IMG_0381.JPG

Sweet! That’s what I love about modelers. There is no problem that you cannot find a solution or work-around to. I’m impressed and going to get the supplies to make my own. Thanks!

I was having much trouble belaying on belaying pins and cleats and I came up with this. It's a piece of a syringe tube soldered on a wire and stuck in a chopstick. I just thread the rope through through the tube and reach the tube back and forth around the cleat or pin. It works better than I had hoped.

View attachment 453773
Great idea Don! Can you share what size needle you used? And perhaps some rough dimensions?

Sorry guys, I've been sick for a week. When I'm better I'll post a few pics if it in use. No vid though, don't have a clue in the world how to do that. It was dead easy to make, my only concern was that I wouldn't be able to silver solder stainless steel, It went well so either you can s. solder stainless or the syringe wasn't stainless. Dunno

Back