Name is Sherry in Georgia USA

I was given the Harvey 1847 back in about 1984 if my memory serves, but since then it's been moved at least 10 times around the states. I'm trying to repair it after a cat had a fight with it. Man overboard!
Looking for tips and helps to revive it and supplies that have been lost. (cannon w/balls). Its my only model thus far.

20220315_104048.jpg

I was given the Harvey 1847 back in about 1984 if my memory serves, but since then it's been moved at least 10 times around the states. I'm trying to repair it after a cat had a fight with it. Man overboard!
Looking for tips and helps to revive it and supplies that have been lost. (cannon w/balls). Its my only model thus far.
First of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum.

Interesting problem and your model deserves to get renovated.

Maybe you make some more photos and show us the details with some close up photos, so the modelers here, who also built this model in the past can make a better comparison of your model with the "original".....
please also from the masts and rigging, which usually get the biggest damages and losses

It's an old kit and have concerns about the relevance it has to the newer ones here. I had special help when I started from an old man in salt lake city utah who actually sailed and worked most of his life on some of the original ships he then modeled. His huge barn was full of 'ship stuff'.
I miss him but i still have all the instructions and most of the original parts.

20220315_121344.jpg

20220315_121130.jpg

20220315_121607.jpg

20220315_121559_HDR.jpg

20220315_121255.jpg

20220315_121344.jpg

20220315_121551.jpg

Welcome to the forum Sherry.Plenty of help on here to help with restoration and you still have the plans which will taking her back to new less of a memory (or photo) game.

Good Luck

Welcome aboard.

Having had one damaged a lot, yours seems to just be stuck at step # xx, and you may need to go back thru instructions to see where work got left off.

I see sails and masts look good from overview, and lots of lines hanging loose that will need to be secured to cleats or other deck attachments as required.

I haven't built my Harvey but have the kit in my collection.

Just let us know if you find a specific item damaged or any question as many here are good at making replacement parts for broken or poor quality items in kits, and they can help.

Sherry please let us all know what part of the country your in or what city. We have many members around and one may be close to your location for help and guidance if needed.

You can click on your name in top line and under Account Details, you can add your location if wanted and it will show where your from.

FYI the US Flag under your name is based on the computer IP location, so it knows what country your from.

Hallo @Sherry Sue
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back