NANHU RED BOAT , Shicheng Model, 1:50

Neat! I've seen the kit before and thought it looked interesting. And while everyone is complementing your organizers, what are the large disc weights? Speaker magnets?

Neat! I've seen the kit before and thought it looked interesting. And while everyone is complementing your organizers, what are the large disc weights? Speaker magnets?
Thank you !!! Those are the base of old LED desk lamps sold by IKEA. I trashed the lamps bodies after many years, but kept their base for the hobby. They are really very heavy, to avoid the desk lamps to move.

Last edited:
Another day...another dollar.
Another day ..... Another piece assembled.

Hi guys, today these rooftops took it share of time and effort. But so far so good.

Thank you very much For all your likes!!!!

20240619_192519.jpg20240619_192539.jpg

Cheers
Daniel

Looks like a fun and different sort of build. Thumbsup
It i slooking like a build which makes a lot of fun - enjoy

Yes, so far has been a pleasure to built this model. Thank you for stopping by. And thank you to all the likes !!!

Today I added some pieces of furniture, not included with the kit, but I saw a picture of this model with it and i said to myself, "why not, just do it before you glue the roof" 20240621_155554.jpg20240621_155624.jpg20240621_155653.jpg20240621_155744.jpg20240621_155827.jpg

Yes, so far has been a pleasure to built this model. Thank you for stopping by. And thank you to all the likes !!!

Today I added some pieces of furniture, not included with the kit, but I saw a picture of this model with it and i said to myself, "why not, just do it before you glue the roof" View attachment 454713View attachment 454714View attachment 454715View attachment 454716View attachment 454717
Nice additions! Your skills are growing with each model Daniel!

Nice additions! Your skills are growing with each model Daniel!
Thank you Paul, I really appreciate your input and thank you for all the info you provided me about mini files.

This was really very easy. I just did it with leftover pieces of wood i have in a box just beside my workbench. I was too lazy to go and use my tools at the garage. What was really challenging was when I built all the interior of the Statenjacht Pegasus. That wasn't included with the kit. Nevertheless, I took that challenge. I also built a spiral stair for the Pegasus. Something that wasn't done on any other Pegasus built. Take a fast look of my built, starting on page 9 bottom half. You can go fast through a few more pages watching the scratch built images of beds, kitchen, main salon, chimney, etc etc.

Thread 'Statenjacht PEGASUS circa 1700 [COMPLETED BUILD]' https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/statenjacht-pegasus-circa-1700-completed-build.6196/

Your built is really extraordinary and challenging. Keep coming those comments!!!!

Cheers
Daniel

Thank you Paul, I really appreciate your input and thank you for all the info you provided me about mini files.

This was really very easy. I just did it with leftover pieces of wood i have in a box just beside my workbench. I was too lazy to go and use my tools at the garage. What was really challenging was when I built all the interior of the Statenjacht Pegasus. That wasn't included with the kit. Nevertheless, I took that challenge. I also built a spiral stair for the Pegasus. Something that wasn't done on any other Pegasus built. Take a fast look of my built, starting on page 9 bottom half. You can go fast through a few more pages watching the scratch built images of beds, kitchen, main salon, chimney, etc etc.

Thread 'Statenjacht PEGASUS circa 1700 [COMPLETED BUILD]' https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/statenjacht-pegasus-circa-1700-completed-build.6196/

Your built is really extraordinary and challenging. Keep coming those comments!!!!

Cheers
Daniel
I checked out your Pegasus build and that was from just about the time I joined the forum. I now remember seeing your work at that time but it was all rather overwhelming for me as a new member... Lovely work indeed!

I checked out your Pegasus build and that was from just about the time I joined the forum. I now remember seeing your work at that time but it was all rather overwhelming for me as a new member... Lovely work indeed!

I remember your start. We discussed about hull planking. I showed you an easy way, but not the correct one, to make your life easier on the start. How wrong i was. Finally you did it in a way that only a few use (scarf joints, if my memory is correct) . From that point you came to be a master modeler. Your profesional skills background, your patience, you desire to make thing as much detailed as you can and your search for perfection, have done you, on a very short time, one of the best ship modelers. You are really good !!!!

BTW, after seeing your skills on the cheap Chinese lathe, I ordered one. Got it this week.. I have the mini proxon lathe too, but I wasn't skill enough to use it in small jobs. Seeing how you used yours inspired me. The other thing I am waiting from you is how "you" do your standard stairs. I have tried different ways, but they are never excellent.

Cheers !!!
Daniel

Hi all, I hope you are enjoying this built as much as I do.

This kit from Shicheng Models is fantastic. Laser cut, all fits to perfection. The only negative part are the windows section sides. They are soooooo fragile that at any time it can happen a disaster (brake it). I already went through a few issues there.

Definitely, the kit isn't for a bigginer, but it isn't difficult neither. Steady hands (not me :-( ) and a careful following of the drawings will take anyone to a successfull end. Let see if this is true for me. :)

Thank you for al the likes and comments !!!!!

20240622_174454.jpg20240622_174611.jpg20240622_175006.jpg20240622_175056.jpg20240622_180158.jpg

20240622_180521.jpg

Cheers
Daniel

Last edited:
Back