Navy Academy Museum, Annapolis, MD - March 2023

Being in the DC/Maryland area visiting my family and specially my grandchildren, I finally made the ride to the Navy Museum at Annapolis.

After a pleasant walk from the (armed) entry gate I took the 1st entrance to the museum and after seeing the sign, I went upstairs and to my surprise and pleasure I had the entire Rogers collection to myself, after more than 45 minutes I briefly saw somebody else.

Hope you enjoy watching the pictures as I had taking them.

View attachment 365390

View attachment 365391

View attachment 365392

View attachment 365393

Wow, this is a museum worth going to see. I have to ask, did you see a model of the USS Somers 1842? A 10 gun brig. They claimed to have one but their photo wasn't revealing. Just a point in history . It's the one and only ship in the where a mutiny took place and three sailors were hung. Unfortunately they were cadets. One of the cadets was the son of a US Navy official. In the end, the event was the tipping point to the creation the Naval Acadamy.

If you are walking into the candy store you are overwhelmed by all the beautifull goodies on offer, then you allways forget what you came for.
But I came for the Culver SotS and here it is.
I want to use it for my own build of SotS somewhere in the future. My wife says I have to become over 100 to full fill all my plans, I guess she is right :).
View attachment 370104View attachment 370105View attachment 370106View attachment 370107View attachment 370108View attachment 370109
View attachment 370110
View attachment 370111
holy cow! wow!!!

Back