Need Help for Scratch Build...

Greetings to all Senior Members,

I am planning to build whaleboat and looking for help to get the plan for the same. I have wood for the build and will have to order fittings according to the plan. So, can any senior member guide me??

Size nor more than 12" or less will be ok as there is some display place constrain.

TAI

Krunal Gajjar

Hi,somehow this post got missed,I keep it live that someone will notice it and can help

TRY MODEL EXPO, THEY HAVE A WHALE BOAT KIT, AND YOU CAN BY THE PLANS SEPERATE, NOT SURE OF SIZE BUT YOU CAN REDUCE THE PLANS AT PRINTER LIKE FED-X, ALSO ONCE IN A WHILE ON EBAY MARINE MODELS ALSO HAS A WHALE BOAT, THIS IS AND OLD COMPANY, PLANS ARE OLD VERY OLD HOPE THIS HELPS. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE Don

The size of the whale boat using the plans from model expo are 22" long. They are the model shipways New Bedford Whaleboat plans Kit No: MS2033. Six sheets of very detail drawings are included with the plans. Not sure if the instruction book come with the plans like they do with the complete kit. I plan on building the full 22" version and scratch build a 12" version.
See Tom Lauria's whale boat version on Youtube.com

Greetings to all Senior Members,

I am planning to build whaleboat and looking for help to get the plan for the same. I have wood for the build and will have to order fittings according to the plan. So, can any senior member guide me??

Size nor more than 12" or less will be ok as there is some display place constrain.

TAI

Krunal Gajjar
Hallo Krunal alias @gajjark
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your research for the whaleboat going? Do you already build one?

The book "The Whaleboat, A Study of Design and Construction from 1850 to 1970" by Willits D. Ansel is loaded with plans and photos. It was published by Mystic Seaport. Used copies are listed at abebooks.com for about $20 and in my opinion well worth it for anyone planning a whaleboat build.

Just remembered something else that might be useful if you are still planning to build a whaleboat.
Several years ago I visited a museum near us that had a collection of artifacts from long ago crafts and trades. They had an entire intact, fully equipped whaleboat. I took a number of pictures, mainly of the interior because I was unable to back up and get the exterior (note the catwalk where I was standing). I am posting a selection.
posting a selection.image1 (1).jpegimage2(1) (1).jpegimage4 (1).jpegimage5 (1).jpegimage6 (1).jpeg

Back