New guy wanting to say hi.

Thanks, guys.
I forgot to add that 'live steam' is another new found hobby.
I bid on an old antique steam engine on ebay and won! I'm now waiting for parts to repair it. Had it runnin' a couple days ago but didn't want to hurt it any so shut it down for now.

oh goos another steam guy
check out the 3D steam engine model in the links below

I was thinking on a model of an engine room

Hi all,
Well, I'm broken hearted. My African Queen arrived today but the box looked as if a truck ran over it... TWICE! I could see the innards and they looked damaged too. The postman wanted my signature for the box and I asked him if I had too sign. He said, if it was his package, he'd refuse it cuz of all the damage. So I did...
Now, we'll see how it goes. I hope I'm not out $250. :(

Hi all,
Well, I'm broken hearted. My African Queen arrived today but the box looked as if a truck ran over it... TWICE! I could see the innards and they looked damaged too. The postman wanted my signature for the box and I asked him if I had too sign. He said, if it was his package, he'd refuse it cuz of all the damage. So I did...
Now, we'll see how it goes. I hope I'm not out $250. :(

You did right..(I think.!!) Redface

The next step...IMMEDIATELY call the vendor/supplier and notify them of the problem and what you did. Demand a new shipment immediately. You will probably have to furnish a statement of some sort and a copy of your tracking #, dates, times..etc., etc..

This kind of stuff drives me batty.!! Hope you can work it out.!!

Did you happen to take some pictures before you refused it.?? PLEASE say yes.!!

I hope so too.
Never thot about pictures. Duhhhhhhh.
I'm going thru ebay where I bought it. They are aware of everything and say they will help if needed. They contacted the seller.
We'll see.

Well, the seller will get the merchandise back—eventually. Hopefully he will cross-ship another to you without waiting too long.
Yes, pictures would have been good to have. Can’t worry now. —C’est la vie.!!
I wish you luck.!!

Worst case with eBay, they will refund costs if seller can't provide replacement.

I have had a few shipping issues from China, before virus, and eBay refunded my full costs.
I too have had a return or two with ebay who refunded all my moneys.

I lost one scenario last year with ebay and the PO. After a month I didn't receive my $20 item so filed a claim. Ebay checked and found that it had been delivered so they were thru with it. The seller said the same thing so I went to the PO. The PO couldn't find it who also said it was delevered. I said "I'm sure it has been delivered BUT to whom was it delivered to???" After a month in the PO's computer you get deleted out whether they find your stuff or not.
That was a $20 loss...

Man thats a real bummer Rick, sorry about your luck there. I sure hope they get you a replacement quickly and a belated welcome to the group.
Btw, my grandfather ( on moms side ) used to mess around with steam engines. He had a few small ones like model size, whistles to that blew too.
As a youngun I was just amazed by them, thanks for bringing back memories :) Hi dad was a mechanic for the PRR, so he had plenty of teaching in his day
I bet.

Clair

Back