New kit of La Renommee from CAFmodel 1/48 scale.

I hope they can get the permission to continue manufacturing of their kits. It's the only mostly accurate one out there. The advertisements for the kit, however, uses the wrong flag. It shows the French Tricolor, which wasn't used until the 1890s. So don't put that on the ship! The Bourbon flag was in use at the time of la Renommée and it was all white. La Renommée was broken up in 1771 in Woolwich, so the Tricolor never flew on her. For more info on la Renommée download my free booklet,

LA RENOMMEE: STORY OF A FRENCH FRIGATE

on her history, captains, captures, construction and more info at https://stockmanbooks.com/downloads
1609708610892.png

Last edited:
HI ALL THIS OLD MIND HAS BEEN IN A TRANCE LATELY MAD, UNTIL THIS COVID CRAP IS OVER ANOTHER YEAR FOR ME, NOW ON TO BUISNESS CAN THIS BE SET UP AS X SECTIONS BOW AND STERN SEPERATLY AND DOES MAX HANDEL THIS, INTERESTING AND WHAT SCALE IS IT IN. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE DON

We will continue this program with the authorization of Ancre.

I hope everyone can respect the copyright of Ancre. Only in this way can Ancre Publishing House publish more and more beautiful sailing plans. This is beneficial to all sailing model enthusiasts
At the same time, we hope that our forum can punish those who infringe Ancre copyright and safeguard the normal rights and interests of Ancre publishing house

I sent them an email and requested when they might start selling the kit. No reply as of yet. (I also told them about the wrong French flag on the box cover...sheesh.)

Don - I think if I’m reading it right, sessions 1-4 that they are currently now selling have all the parts to build the entire hull framing.
Sessions after that will be internal framing, deck and fittings, carvings etc…

Back