New member from Canada

Hello and greetings from New Brunswick, Canada. I am really enjoying the forums. I am attempting to build my first scratch model at 1:96 of Oliver Cromwell. The catheads are made from slivers of oak I bought at the Victory Museum in Portsmouth in 1988. It tickles me to think a part of my model was with Nelson at Trafalgar.

0-3.jpeg

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
Very good work on the Oliver Cromwell - looking very good

Welcome from a Yank south of you somewhere.

The use of the Victory slivers will bring real history to this ship when your done.

Please start a build log so we can follow along with you on the journey.

Thank you, Kurt. I don't think I am up to the SOS build log standard at this point.
The build logs have no standard! they are there to show and tell and allow for others to provide help or suggestions if you need advise on how something could or should be done, or ask for help on a task you are not familiar with.

The build logs have no standard! they are there to show and tell and allow for others to provide help or suggestions if you need advise on how something could or should be done, or ask for help on a task you are not familiar with.
Thanks, Kurt. That's very helpful. Still feeling my way.

Bob

Hello and greetings from New Brunswick, Canada. I am really enjoying the forums. I am attempting to build my first scratch model at 1:96 of Oliver Cromwell. The catheads are made from slivers of oak I bought at the Victory Museum in Portsmouth in 1988. It tickles me to think a part of my model was with Nelson at Trafalgar.

View attachment 412854
Can pieces of Victory still be purchased by mail?

Great looking "Cromwell" Please at least give us a cursory, if not exhaustive, Log on your "Victory" build. From the look of the "Cromwell" you have a lot to offer that would be of great benefit to the rest of us.

Back