New Member from New York

Hi there - I am retired now and decided to pick up a hobby I did as a child. I started with the Lowell Grand Banks dory and went on to the Norwegian Sailing Pram and am now finishing up on the Muscongus Bay lobster smack. These were the introductory models recommended by Model Shipways. Each one a bit more challenging than the previous one. Not sure what I am going to do next but am enjoying myself. Glad to be a member of this group. Thanks Claude

Hi Claude. A warm welcome aboard.
I see you started the sensible way with models of increasing difficulty. Now there is so much to choose from. Looking around the forums you might pick up an idea for your next build.
Good to hear you are enjoying yourself. That and a lot of patience is the key to succes in this hobby.
I wish you lots of fun..

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
Good to read, that you increase your knowledge and experience step by step - often beginners are doing the mistake to buy as the first kit a Victory model, which often will never be completed.
Most important is to have fun with our common hobby.
Whenever you start the next project, maybe you make also a building log here in the forum....

Seems like you are well on your way to more advanced models !!!

Welcome Claude. I would live to see how your sailing pram turned out….

Back