• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

New Member to Ships of Scale

Joined
Sep 20, 2026
Messages
2
Points
3
Hello - I am Tim-Annapolis and have been model building for over 60 years. My first models were plastic US warships which saw a lot of hard playing and sometimes set ablaze in our backyard (no adverse issues, thankfully). This has been an off/on hobby for me. To date I have built/building the following:
- War of 1812 era "Prince de Neufchatel" kit by Model Shipways
- Spanish American War era "USS Olympia" kit by BlueJacket Shipcrafters
- 1:32 scale scratch-built Chesapeake Bay Skipjack (I named it Albert H. Holland)
- currently building the US Brig "Niagra" kit by Model Shipways
 
Welcome aboard, Tim! Your past and current builds are of interest to most of us so I hope you'll post pictures and perhaps start a build log of the Niagra.
 
Welcome Tim. Annapolis? Grad and/or resident? If the latter, do you spend much time at Preble Hall? I know I would!!! :)
Again, a warm welcome to you.
Allan
 
Welcome Tim. Annapolis? Grad and/or resident? If the latter, do you spend much time at Preble Hall? I know I would!!! :)
Again, a warm welcome to you.
Allan
Hi Allan,
Thanks for the welcome! I am a resident of Annapolis and my son graduated from USNA - class of 2015. He's a Nuc-SWO and currently a LTCDR assigned to the Reactors Dept. on the USS Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71 in San Diego, CA.They depart soon for the Persian Gulf replacing the Abe Lincoln. I volunteered at the USNA Museum in Preblle Hall for 4 years, transcribing correspondence to and from Gen. Jone Paul Jones during the Revolution for the museum's database and ZI visit a few times a year to see exhibit updates and model ship building in the basement shop. I served 4 years in the Air Force way back with a one year tour at Phu Cat AB in Vietnam.
 
Thank you and your son both for your service to our country! I remember the shop at Preble Hall as I was fortunate to be able to make several visits and spent a lot of time with Grant Walker who shared a lot of his knowledge with Ed Tosti, Wayne Kempson and me. He will be sorely missed.
Enjoy your time here!
Allan
 
Back
Top