New members from Victoria Australia

Hello fellow members

I am a new member from Victoria Australia and will be building my first ship probably in the new year and look forward to the immensely challenging ordeal.
Welcome to SOS. It is a great membership of helpful and friendly builders.
What ship are you planning to build?
Strongly recommend you start a build log. Good for you and we get to enjoy your efforts too.

Welcome! I am from Melbourne as well. Camberwell, in fact. The Ship Modelling Society of Victoria (SMSV) is the oldest club, but it is effectively defunct with very few members attending the meetings and virtually no ship models now :( I think it's time to start another one! Where are you located?

Welcome! I am from Melbourne as well. Camberwell, in fact. The Ship Modelling Society of Victoria (SMSV) is the oldest club, but it is effectively defunct with very few members attending the meetings and virtually no ship models now :( I think it's time to start another one! Where are you located?
Hi Keith. The SMSV is alive and well. Yes we struggle for membership. But remember you only get from a club what you put in. How about coming along and share what you have been doing. Kind regards Allan Tyler.

Привет, коллеги-участники

Я новый участник из штата Виктория, Австралия, и, вероятно, в новом году буду строить свой первый корабль и с нетерпением жду чрезвычайно сложного испытания.
Я приветствую вас! Добро пожаловать на борт!

Welcome aboard! I too am from Victoria, East Bentleigh. Where are you from Keith? I was not aware of the SMSV, but will look into it. I have a collection of plastic and wood models, due to be started in retirement, well that's the plan. And tools, many duplicates - so I must look into getting rid of some.

I am in Camberwell. I think @Bryian is down in Mornington, and I am not aware of any other ship modellers in Melbourne itself. Not surprising really, given the stonking cost of houses here it is difficult to have the luxury of space for a dedicated workshop!

Hi to all in Melbourne. (and all over the world) It is inappropriate to use this forum other than to say 'google' ship modelling society of Victoria.
We all would like to see the growth of our hobby regardless of where we reside. This forum is most welcoming and friendly. It is a virtue we should all aspire to. We find comradary amongst those with the same afflictions. Ha ha.
Regards Allan.

Hello and welcome. It’s very nice that you are on one end of the world, I’m on the other end, and we can do something together! with best wishes, Egor!

I am in Camberwell. I think @Bryian is down in Mornington, and I am not aware of any other ship modellers in Melbourne itself. Not surprising really, given the stonking cost of houses here it is difficult to have the luxury of space for a dedicated workshop!
Hi Keith,
moved from Melbourne down to Phillip Island and decided to retire from work. I don't miss the city traffic and noice at all.

cheers buddy.

Great place to be Bryian. Friends recently retired there too. My home office is filled with kits and tools and computers (work and home) I will be selling all sorts of things from the shed and garage to make room for my dedicated workshop. Out goes the Home brew kits and big tools and camping gear etc to make way for modelling kits and tools and benches......

Back