New Paper Models 1/1250

really amazing models - unbelievable in this scale of only 1:1250
It would be interesting to see how you can make these small models - I guess they are only around 3cm long
My wife would be happy, if I would change the scale and build much smaller models........because of the much smaller space necessary to exhibit them in the living room......

Hi Uwe
Thank you for your compliment. The HMS Katherine is Loa 4 cm.
I can understand your wife. It wasn't any different for me, which is why I went to the 1:1250 scale.
I can understand also that you and many others would like to see, how I build the small models. But that only works in a video (too complex for me) or at exhibitions (e.g. Boot Düsseldorf, Intermodell Dortmund) where I build in front of visitors.
Otherwise take it like a magician, let yourself be enchanted.

I have made a few miniatures at a scale of 1/250 but how on earth do you do the standing rigging and the reefing ropes on the sails?

.............. pure magic - unless you have a team of fairies who come to work while you are sleeping perhaps?

Hello Neil,
Sorry for the late reply but I've been on vacation for a week.
I work to plan whenever possible. But also for good photos, overall views and, above all, detailed images.

Gedanklich bin ich sofort auf Deck 9 im Maritim Museum Hamburg. Wunderschöne Modelle, Respekt! Und, @Uwek ich fühle mit dir. Meine Mercury in 1:72 nimmt schon reichlich Platz ein, und wenn meine Liebste dann noch mit ihrer Victory von d'Agostini (1:86) fertig ist, wird es eng... So, und jetzt nochmal mit DeepL:

In my mind I am immediately on deck 9 in the Maritim Museum Hamburg. Beautiful models, respect! And, @Uwek I feel with you. My Mercury in 1:72 already takes up a lot of space, and when my sweetheart is done with her Victory by d'Agostini (1:86), it will be tight...

Hi, here are my latest paper models: HMS Katherine, Dutch Akerboom and the French Pre Dreadnought Fleet (Bouvines, Charles Martel, Bouvet, Suffren, Jaureguiberry and Gaulouis.
Hallo @Wilhelm Thümler
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
And? How is the production of your miniature card models going? Do you work actual on a project?

Beautiful work as always. Are they from kits or from your own designs?
Take a look at his introduction, where also a link to his personal web-page is given - absolutely worth to look at

Back