New tool very nice small and compact ,it can take the smallest of drill bits . The 3 jaw chuck is sold separately. Picked it up at homedepot.

dont knock it till ya try it ;)
At least shaky hands are hopefully driven by steady minds . . . or is that dumb persistent to get the hole in. . . .somewhere. I have unit from Microlux with the required transformer with torque and speed set by rotating two knobs. It is my unknowing starter so I'll have to see how it works in the long run but I know that guiding the rotating bit to the point is a challenge which I did not have with a hand pin vise drilling approach where I could touch the right place before drilling. Can't do that with the Microlux as it requires turning it on with the hand that was steadying my drilling hand in place. I can't get my young Lab to do it. . . she just steals whatever is within eyeshot and happily chews it. :-((( PT-2

I have a few super old Dremels... somewhere.. Then I have 2 new of the cheap stuff from Harbor Freight. I do find working with wood I
prefer a hand vise though. For the shaking hands I've asked the wife to administer the rubber mallet treatment. I figure I shake due to
wobbly thoughts in me noggin :p

Thanks Janos...
Do you have a link.??

Have a look at EBAY. I bought it from there. The Marathon type is what we want. Watch out, most come only with on-off foot pedal, you have to search for one with the speed control. Speed control is still there, the rpm has only to be pre-selected on the power supply. The collects accept 3/32 (2.35 mm) bits, for the 1/16 shanks an additional bit is needed. If you want to use it for drilling, you have to buy a drill-bit set with 3/32 shank. Milling bits (for carving) are nearly extensively 3/32 size anyhow.
Good luck
János

Have a look at EBAY. I bought it from there. The Marathon type is what we want. Watch out, most come only with on-off foot pedal, you have to search for one with the speed control. Speed control is still there, the rpm has only to be pre-selected on the power supply. The collects accept 3/32 (2.35 mm) bits, for the 1/16 shanks an additional bit is needed. If you want to use it for drilling, you have to buy a drill-bit set with 3/32 shank. Milling bits (for carving) are nearly extensively 3/32 size anyhow.
Good luck
János
Thank you.!! I will look around.!

I went out and found this, which works really well:

After posting all my drilling stuff, I realized I also have the Yakamaz driil, but mine does not have the speed control unit.

EJ

The problem I've always encountered with using a Dremel as a free-hand drill is that, even with the variable speed models, the RPM is too high for accurate control. I went out and found this, which works really well:
Thank you. I ordered one. Please stop recommending things to buy -my wife may find out.

Back